06-17-2010 03:57 PM
I just purchased a Laserjet CP2025 and after some difficulty got it to print B&W. It took me a while to find a driver that works - PCL6. It turns out Windows7 is not well supported.
But I can not get the machine to print in color - I get B&W negative prints.
Any ideas and/or help is appreciated.
06-23-2010 08:18 AM
Do you have the CP2020 series driver, or something else? Is there a pick for color or mono printing in the driver? That needs to be set correctly. Also, if one of the colors is out of toner, it will only print black. Check this by printing an internal page like the supplies status page from the control panel.
09-07-2011 03:14 AM
Dear, I have the same problem.
First problems trying to install the drivers (eventually that worked with PCL 6 drivers),
- no duplex printing (solved that)
- no color printing: with the properties of the printer it just says (in Dutch): Colour: no
and I don't find a way to change this
- I also have the problem at the same time that the printer is printing unasked pages with:
09-15-2011 06:36 AM
I'm facing same issue. I have also tried the installed pcl5,pcl6 drivers. But still isn't working. Did fine solution same issue. Can share the soluton of this problem.
Thanks in advance
09-15-2011 08:24 AM
Please verify: If you print an internal page, like supplies status, from the control panel, is it in color? That will prove if it is an engine problem or a driver problem.
09-15-2011 08:30 AM
I did a lot of changes, in the settings, and suddenly it worked.
I know that I had to install both the PLC6 and the CP2025 printer drivers.
And than: go to the printer: right click and go to "properties of printer",
and than do the following for both printers in the resulting droplist:
Go to the tab 'device settings' (it's translated from dutch 'apparaatinstellingen' so don't shoot me if it's not literraly that.
At the bottom of the list: set the 'device type' to color
...after doing this for both printers, it worked for me !
09-15-2011 11:16 AM
Yay! I can't imagine how it gets in this state at install, but it seems to happen to a lot of people. The print settings can come from the application, the driver, or from the printer default settings. Don't know all the ways they interact with each other, but it can be any one of them messed up that causes this problem.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS