12-15-2013 12:21 AM
I've got the M1536dnf on Windows 8 x64 and I was wondering if I can get the TWAIN driver without installing the HP Scan software?
I have a scanning software with a custom scanning interface but with M1536dnf, it just shows the HP Scan software instead.
Can I bypass the HP Scan software?
12-17-2013 11:58 AM
I understand you want to install the printer without the HP Scan Software.
I would suggest downloading the Laserjet Basic Print and Scan Driver.
Hope this helps.
12-17-2013 03:27 PM
Thank you for your responce.
Installing without the HP Scan software in advanced options actually just gives you the WIA driver (windows scan interface) and no TWAIN driver.
I need the TWAIN driver.
12-18-2013 11:52 AM
I checked into this for you and you will only get the TWAIN drivers
if you use the full version software.
12-18-2013 03:09 PM
So, there is no way to "bypass" the software interface?
Maybe a registry key change or config file of some sort?
Will this be considered in future versions of the driver/software?
12-19-2013 07:47 AM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS