Re: Looping error while installing HP Photosmart and Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers (204 Views)
Tutor
sorin86hp
Message 1 of 6 (301 Views)

Looping error while installing HP Photosmart and Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

printer: HP Deskjet D2360 

I only tried to install "HP Photosmart and Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers" and it runs into an error and then just circles.
The error is
"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the hph_software disk and click OK. hph_software.msi"

Then it keeps going:

"An installation package for the product hph_software cannot be found. try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package ‘hph_software.msi’."

More than that, it keeps popping out every time I start Windows, and I cannot get rid of it.

Why do I have to need a CD if I download 214 MB from you? Why couldn't you just put the stupid item in this update? What CD is that? The one I got years ago when I bought the D2360? What if I don't have it any more?
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 6 (277 Views)

Re: Looping error while installing HP Photosmart and Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

Did you upgrade from an older version of Windows, or did you install Windows 8 to a blank hard drive?  

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
sorin86hp
Message 3 of 6 (267 Views)

Re: Looping error while installing HP Photosmart and Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

Yes, upgraded from XP (in-place, on the same computer), then using PCmover Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to reconstitute applications from XP to 8 (based on the Windows.old folder).

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 6 (244 Views)

Since you did an upgrade, you will need to completely uninstall the printer and it's software from the computer, and install everything back.  Follow the steps below to clear out the old software, and install everything back fresh.

From a download:

1. Run disk cleanup on your computer

2. Download and run the software and drivers below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=dj-111047-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

3. Once the download is done extracting, cancel the download.

4. Press the Windows key +R.

5. The Run window should open.

6. Type %temp% in the run field

7. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

8. Open folder Util

9. Open folder CCC

10. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for non-HP computers.

11. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

12. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

13. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

14. Use this tool to clean the system and registry.  Note: This utility is not HP sponsored or approved.  HP and I are not responsible for damages or loss of data caused by the utility.  This step is optional.   You can skip it if you want.

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare/3000-2086_4-10407614.html?part=dl-6271865&subj=dl&tag=b...

15. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=dj-111047-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

16. Run the download to reinstall the printer

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
sorin86hp
Message 5 of 6 (236 Views)

It has solved nothing. It is the same. Please transfer the matter to a knowledgeable technician.

Tutor
sorin86hp
Message 6 of 6 (204 Views)

What can I do to get a competent reply?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation