12-20-2012 02:49 AM
printer: HP Deskjet D2360
OS: Win 8 (32b)
12-21-2012 11:33 AM
12-22-2012 04:49 AM
Yes, upgraded from XP (in-place, on the same computer), then using PCmover Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant to reconstitute applications from XP to 8 (based on the Windows.old folder).
12-24-2012 12:14 PM
Since you did an upgrade, you will need to completely uninstall the printer and it's software from the computer, and install everything back. Follow the steps below to clear out the old software, and install everything back fresh.
From a download:
1. Run disk cleanup on your computer
2. Download and run the software and drivers below.
3. Once the download is done extracting, cancel the download.
4. Press the Windows key +R.
5. The Run window should open.
6. Type %temp% in the run field
7. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
8. Open folder Util
9. Open folder CCC
10. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for non-HP computers.
11. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
12. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
13. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
14. Use this tool to clean the system and registry. Note: This utility is not HP sponsored or approved. HP and I are not responsible for damages or loss of data caused by the utility. This step is optional. You can skip it if you want.
15. Download the full feature software and drivers
16. Run the download to reinstall the printer