Re: M1212nf LaserJet and Windows 8 (538 Views)
Honor Student
Mizz_J
Message 1 of 8 (607 Views)

M1212nf LaserJet and Windows 8

[ Edited ]

I just purchased a new laptop from HP to replace my old one, as well as a new HP printer.  However, your printer is NOT compatible with Windows 8....yet.   That's a quandry since the computer I want ONLY comes with Windows 8 and, from what I can find on the HP Printer page, NO laserjets (B&W only) ARE compatible with Windows 8. 

First question - it says a driver to make this printer work with Windows 8 is coming "late 2012".  Since we are almost in the last month of the year - can you give me a better idea of an actual date? 

Second question (really a statement) - your link on this page (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4131&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3965...) that references Supported Printers for Windows 8 doesn't work properly.  Instead of taking me to a page that actually LISTS printers that support Windows 8 (as the link leads you to believe), I am taken to the main HP printer page where I have to narrow down my fields through ALL HP printers.  I tried that and didn't find ONE printer that supported Windows 8 in the LaserJet section!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Master's Graduate
DonovanH
Message 2 of 8 (598 Views)

Re: M1212nf LaserJet and Windows 8

Hi Mizz_j,

Please see this document on Windows 8 supported Laserjet printers:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c03365145 

I am an HP employee.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 3 of 8 (596 Views)

With the m1212, you have a couple of other options available besides the full solution which will be available at a later time. You can use this printer with windows 8 by using the windows update or In-OS driver or the ePrint mobile software.

Here is the document on how to use the windows update/In-Os driver:

Install the driver included in Windows 8 or Windows Update

Here is the link to the ePrint mobile software:

ePrint Mobile Software

Please bookmark this document for future reference:

Printer Supported in Windows 8

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 8 (594 Views)

Hi Mizz_J,

I am thinking from some of my previous testing the Win 7 should work until a Win 8 driver gets released. Give it a shot, and let me know what happens?

HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver

I am an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
Mizz_J
Message 5 of 8 (591 Views)

That would be great!  I actually just ordered both the printer and laptop.  The printer arrives today and the laptop is due to be built and shipped by December 4th.  I'm hoping the Win8 driver is available by the time it arrives, but just in case, sure would like to be able to use my new HP equipment. 

As a side note - thank you to all the HP folks on here offering your help and allowing us to pick your brains today.  Anytime a new MS OS is released, I'm sure it's very hectic and stressful for all of you.  I appreciate you having this forum today!!

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 8 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Mizz_J,

Let us know if the solutions provided to you work. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 7 of 8 (544 Views)

I believe that those drivers have been released now, follow this link and let me know if these are the drivers you were seeking:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3965849

Happy Holidays! 

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Mizz_J
Message 8 of 8 (538 Views)

Thanks for the info but HP never sent me my printer I ordered. After too many tries, I took my business elsewhere.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation