Question

Student
yuval
Message 1 of 14 (20,386 Views)

I get this error message when I press the Scan key.

I'm using the most updated driver.

the same message uppers at Win 7 and Win XP.

I couldn't find any solution in HP web site.

Any ideas?

Tutor
vikecowboy
Message 2 of 14 (20,371 Views)

Re: Message: "LCD list needs to be upgraded" in officejet 6500

I think this is another hosed up thing about this printer - it somehow loses it setting for scanning.  The only way I resolved this is to remove the power cord for about a minute.  Then power the printer up again.  You will lose any setting you have made (other than the default) but the scanning LCD messages should reappear.  Basically you have to reinitialize the printer.

There maybe a way around this using the HP sofware on your PC screen, but this was easier for me than going that route.

Good Luck

Student
corynancy
Message 3 of 14 (19,678 Views)

Thank You!  This was the exact answer to my issue!!!

Student
JeffS_KY
Message 4 of 14 (18,784 Views)

That worked for me too...thanks.  I love the internet.

Student
jedblack13
Message 5 of 14 (17,808 Views)

I went to the Tools menu and scrolled through until I found "Factory Resets".  Selecting this seems to have worked for me.  I tried unplugging the printer for 1 minute as stated in the other post but that didn't work for me. 

Student
RealtorRenee
Message 6 of 14 (11,330 Views)

Thanks so much for this post! I needed to scan something and of course it wouldnt work! Mine would not work after just unplugging it- I had to go into tools and reset it to the factory settings like the other post said to do.

Thanks for the help

Honor Student
GaryC-Guru
Message 7 of 14 (10,434 Views)

another perfect solution. Thank you very much

Tutor
vernola
Message 8 of 14 (10,070 Views)

THIS IS NOT SOLVED. PEOPLE THINK SO, THEN A COUPLE DAYS LATER THE PROBLEM RETURNS. hp HAS KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR 2 YEARS AND DONE NOTHING!!! THEY GIVE THE SAME OLD ADVISE TO EACH NEW POOR FOOL WHO BOUGHT THIS HP JUNK:"UNPLUG IT THEN PLUG IT IN" AND THE NEXT ONE "JUST REMOVE THE OPTIONS IN THE SOFTWARE THEN ADD THEM BACK IN." ALWAYS WORKS FOE A SHORT TIME, 2 DAYS TO A WEEK, THEN REVERTS. hp JUST TIRES YOU OUT UNTIL YOU GET FRUSTRATED AND QUIT!!!.

I AM ANGRY!! I DON'T HAVE ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS TO GET A DECENT MACHINE BECAUSE THEY WON'T HELP WITH A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. !!!WE WANT A REAL, PERMANENT SOLUTION!!!!
Tutor
vernola
Message 9 of 14 (10,070 Views)

THIS IS NOT SOLVED. PEOPLE THINK SO, THEN A COUPLE DAYS LATER THE PROBLEM RETURNS. hp HAS KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR 2 YEARS AND DONE NOTHING!!! THEY GIVE THE SAME OLD ADVISE TO EACH NEW POOR FOOL WHO BOUGHT THIS HP JUNK:"UNPLUG IT THEN PLUG IT IN" AND THE NEXT ONE "JUST REMOVE THE OPTIONS IN THE SOFTWARE THEN ADD THEM BACK IN."  ALWAYS WORKS FOE A SHORT TIME, 2 DAYS TO A WEEK, THEN REVERTS. hp JUST TIRES YOU OUT UNTIL YOU GET FRUSTRATED AND QUIT!!!.

I AM ANGRY!! I DON'T HAVE ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS TO GET A DECENT MACHINE BECAUSE THEY WON'T HELP WITH A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. !!!WE WANT A REAL, PERMANENT SOLUTION!!!!

Tutor
vernola
Message 10 of 14 (10,069 Views)

Haa!THIS IS NOT SOLVED. PEOPLE THINK SO, THEN A COUPLE DAYS LATER THE PROBLEM RETURNS. hp HAS KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR 2 YEARS AND DONE NOTHING!!! THEY GIVE THE SAME OLD ADVISE TO EACH NEW POOR FOOL WHO BOUGHT THIS HP JUNK:"UNPLUG IT THEN PLUG IT IN" AND THE NEXT ONE "JUST REMOVE THE OPTIONS IN THE SOFTWARE THEN ADD THEM BACK IN." ALWAYS WORKS FOE A SHORT TIME, 2 DAYS TO A WEEK, THEN REVERTS. hp JUST TIRES YOU OUT UNTIL YOU GET FRUSTRATED AND QUIT!!!.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation