Question

Honor Student
vanillapudding
Message 1 of 4 (3,093 Views)

Missing Installation Software Disk for hp psc 1350 all-in-one printer

A few days ago I reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition on my computer. Because of that I needed to reinstall the drivers for my hp psc 1350 all-in-one printer. Since I could not find the Installation Disk for my printer, I downloaded the software from HP. Ever since then an installation wizard kept popping up a few times a day wanting to configure Fax or install QuickProjects or something like that. So believing this had something to do with the HP software I downloaded, I uninstalled it (or so I thought). I then tried reinstall the original software, from the disk I had found, but the installation wizard says I already had an updated version on my computer. I did not know what else to do except reinstall from HP the newer version again. And now the installation wizard is popping up again wanting to install things and then refusing to do so. What can I do to fix this? How can I totally uninstall the new software and go back to the old or can I fix the new one? Thank you for your help. 

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 2 of 4 (3,073 Views)

Re: Missing Installation Software Disk for hp psc 1350 all-in-one printer

I can help you uninstall the new software but somthing is not right but if you follow these instructions it should uninstall the software you downloaded.  You need to know that date you downloaded and installed the newer software this is very important.  What I will have you do is called a Level 3 uninstall but if you dont use the new software file it might not remove it becuase you have 2 software install versions on your PC and likewise it may uninstall your old version so once your are finished which does not take just use your cd and install your printer.

On your keyboard you should see a key with the Windows icon press this and r at the same time

Type %temp% and enter you should see a temp folder click on this folder
In this folder you should see a folder that starts with 7z there could be several find the one that has the same date as when you installed the new software and open it
You should see a folder called util open this folder
In this folder there should be a folder called ccc open this
Scroll down until you see a windows batch file called Uninstall L3 click on this
It will run a Level 3 uninstall on your printer, your PC should rebot after this, if not restart your PC after it is done.
Load your printer software and let me know if this fixes your issue

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Honor Student
vanillapudding
Message 3 of 4 (3,050 Views)

Thank you for your help. I got impaitient for an answer to my question and mad at my computer so I reinstalled my operating system and then reinstalled the HP printer disk (now in a safe place). No more annoying window installer messages. Good for me that I dont store alot of stuff on my computer. Thank you

Ps: I did my research and had followed the steps you listed before I asked for help and it did not work for me, neither the new software or the old one would uninstall cleanly, so hence the reinstallation of my O.P.

Student
KimRomero
Message 4 of 4 (939 Views)

I need to install my printer but i baught it in a yard sale and it didnt come with the cd where can i go to download it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation