Question
Module C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx failed to register
Replies (13)

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 11 of 14 (5,158 Views)

Re: Module C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx failed to register

On most of the cases where the ,ocx file failed to register, then program still worked fine. I wouldn't worry about that error, and just ignore it. But the other errors may suggest that the installation CD contents are corrupt, or there was an error reading them due to scratches or some other reason. But if Printing and Scanning are working, and if you can access the printer toolbox, printing preferences, and check the ink levels from Solution Center, then i guess it should be ok. the basics are working fine. The errors you encountered don't really show the install failure of an important feature, so i guess everything should work fine.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
dbeusee
Message 12 of 14 (5,147 Views)

Well, I would think *something* doesn't work if I have install errors, and regardless, I want a bug report filed - the install errors need to be fixed in the product.  It only wastes time for you support people and end users.  It should be an easy thing for your developers to fix.  Your product should not require a now old version of flash to work.

-Don

Student
StevenRD
Message 13 of 14 (4,817 Views)

Thanks Dexter, the fix worked. The error message cleared after restart. 
Honor Student
bainisg
Message 14 of 14 (2,277 Views)

I know this is an old thread, but I found this useful so thought I'd pass it along:

I was having the error message, only mine was for Flash9f instead of Flash9b.  I tried the solution anyway, and of course it didn't work.  But I read some other threads and did two adjustments that were recommended, and one of these (or maybe both) seems to have been my fix.  FYI, I'm still using Vista and my printer is an Officejet Pro Premier 8500.

First I disconnected my wireless network, then reconnected and ran the diagnosis and repair utility.

Second, I started snooping around in my printer's program files until I found the Flash folder [mine was somewhere in Program Files (X86) > HP, I think buried in the digital image folder], then right click and go to Properties and choose the security tab.  Under my user name, I saw that Flash didn't have full permissions so I changed it.  When I closed everything down and rebooted, no more error message.  Yippee!

Hope that helps someone else, it took my two days to figure it out!  :-)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation