Question

Top Student
cbeyer
Message 1 of 9 (243 Views)

Moving laserjet 3380 from XP system to Windows 7 64bit system

I have chased all over this web site for answers.  Installed new Windows 7 PC for a client, only remaing problem from the conversion is the toolbox to allow the 'scan to' button on the 3380 to send via the PC email account which seems to be a Toolbox option.  Client seems to have lost original CD.  Support/download acts like the toolbox does not exist.  Windows 7 nicely found the 3380 and installed the drivers and the printer & scanner work fine.

Someone said you had to buy a new CD to do this.  Doesn't make sense, but if it wasn't expensive, anything to get this over with.  Try keying in 'buy install cd for laserjet 3380' and see what happens.

Anyone help with source of toolbox to finish this install?

Master's Graduate
Ask-Me
Message 2 of 9 (218 Views)

Re: Moving laserjet 3380 from XP system to Windows 7 64bit system

I am sorry to know about the scanning issue.  Please help me to know if you have already tried installing the full printing solutiion available at the following HP web link (software section):

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=378062&spf_p....

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Top Student
cbeyer
Message 3 of 9 (209 Views)

Windows 7 and the printer/scanner are working fine.

What doesn't work is using the Scan To button on the printer to scan, and then send to an email address via the default email service on the PC.  It say PC not configured (or something similar, I'm not at the site now.)

What I read is that is handled by the Toolbox web tools provided by HP on the original install CD, which is missing.

I can find NO way on this web site to download the Toolbox for the 3380.  All the drivers are readily available, but no Toolbox.

Top Student
cbeyer
Message 4 of 9 (181 Views)

At the link on your post, which I have looked at several times, I find 5 drivers,
1 application ('shop for HP supplies')
1 firmware (Rev E)
4 non-applicable software printing solutions
1 software update,
2 utility (Fix scan and Cryillic Font)
However, there was a 'order physical media' link, which when you click on Obtain software, it sends you to a page for the 3015 AIO printer (which I can only assume is compatible with the 3380).

After picking Windows 7 (64-bit) you get to:
 Install the driver included in Windows 7  (which I already have up and running)
 Use the software in Windows 7 to fax and scan (which I already have up and running)
 HP universal print driver for windows PCL6
 HP universal print driver for windows postscript
 HP universal print driver for windows PCL5
----NONE of which has ANYthing to do with a Toolbox to allow a scan from the printer button (scan to) to use the default email client on the PC to send what is scanned.

Remaining option (looked promising) was HP Printer Administrator Resouce Kit.  I downloaded and looked at "PARK" documention (I do not have access to the PC/Printer in question right now) but see nothing about a Toolbox.

AND just BTW, I started the last journey for a "order physical media" link, but NEVER got any information about actually doing that.  Whoever did this web site deserves a failing grade.

I will try the PARK when I get onsite tomorrow, but not real optimistic.

Top Student
cbeyer
Message 5 of 9 (169 Views)

Just a follow up.  STILL NO TOOLBOX.  Sorry for yelling, have to vent a bit of frustration.  Someone have a name and number for someone at HP who knows how to penetrate the bureacracy and web site confusion?

I can get an email from "HP Community Mailer" wanting me to accept a solution and give kudos.  Since I have no resolution, that particular correspondence is not helpful.  Of course, a response to their request comes from the mailer-daemon, much like the results from searching the web site.

My last post has the details of the results from trying the recommended solution.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 6 of 9 (156 Views)

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at HP Enterprise Business Community.

I did check out the drivers web page for this model. The drivers for this printer are a Windows Update.

Therefore the toolbox wouldn't be included in the installation on Windows 7.

Drivers, Software & Firmware for HP LaserJet 3380 All-in-One Printer.

Here is a document for how to scan without HP software.

How to Scan: Windows 7.

For further information contact the Commercial Support.

I hope this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
cbeyer
Message 7 of 9 (148 Views)

Gemini02(HP):

I'd like to give you kudos for pointing me in the 'right' direction (hopefully.)

I will come back and do so if it works.

Let me say this about my experience on this site.  My first post 9 days ago was very specific.  The Windows 7 drivers worked, but no Toolbox seemed to be available no matter where I looked, and I am persistent.  I kept being pointed to the link you just confirmed DOES NOT have the Toolbox.  No matter how many times I said 'no joy' all I got was try this link. 

I will give the site an "E" for effort and rasberries for wasting 9 days.

Honor Student
1chene
Message 8 of 9 (89 Views)

I need some assistance with my scanner on the 3380 not working with windows 7 scanning a PDF file. I tried downloading the suggested drivers updates link provided but still does not work.

I like the 3380 just can't get the scanner to be compatible with windows 7 for PDF any updates / suggestions can send?

Thanks

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 9 of 9 (84 Views)

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at Printers - LaserJet.
Click on New Post.

I hope this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation