11-27-2012 09:47 PM
I bought a new HP Deskject 1056 all in one printer (product# B6T81A). I was able to install the printer on my HP desktop with no issues, however it wont install on my Gateway laptop. I thought maybe if I update Windows that it would work, but it was unsuccessful. Once I put turn the printer on and put in the installation CD, I get a failed message that the software won't install. I also went on the HP website and that would not work either. Could it be that my computer is too old (I bought it in 2008)? What could be wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
11-29-2012 07:44 AM
When you downloaded it from the website, did you choose the correct Operating System?
When does the FAILED message pop up?
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS