04-15-2014 09:20 AM
I have tried several times to install the latest driver, I have disabled my virous protection, and tried to install, but still get the message on the printer, "You need to install or run HP software for this feature" Other features work fine, my operating system is Windows 8. Is there a simple fix? Help please.
04-17-2014 09:49 AM
Welcome to the forums! I hope you are well!
I saw your post about the troubles you're having installing the Photosmart 2610xi on your Windows 8 system. Please try running the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows which should install the driver for you.
I am also including the direct link to the driver: HP Photosmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers
If you run into any errors or problems, please let me know the details.
04-19-2014 08:56 AM
Thanks for trying to help me. Unfortuately, the downloaded software did not fix the problem, I had trouble
downloading the softward, but I trought I had finally been sucessful, however I an still receiving the same
message on the printer. "You need to install or run HP software for this feature" Thanks again.
04-21-2014 08:24 AM
Hello again, I hope you enjoyed your weekend!
I am sorry to hear my suggestion didn't help. Next lets try a deep uninstall (Level 3 or 4, see details below) and reinstall.
Note: Do not run a Level 4 uninstall on a HP computer, this could cause damage to your operating system. A Level 3 is recommended for HP computers. A Level 4 uninstall is okay to be used on a non HP computer.
1. Type %temp% in the run field and click OK.
2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356) (if there is more than one 7z folder, try the most recent one)
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for a non-HP PC or run the Uninstall_L3.bat for a HP PC
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
Next, restart the computer
Then, reinstall the printer: HP Photosmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers: Windows 8
I am hoping that helps!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS