Question

Honor Student
Older-than-Dirt
Message 1 of 4 (144 Views)

My HP Photosmart 2610xi does not scan

I have tried several times to install the latest driver, I have disabled my virous protection, and tried to install, but still get the message on the printer, "You need to install or run HP software for this feature"   Other features work fine, my operating system is Windows 8.  Is there a simple fix?  Help please.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 4 (125 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart 2610xi does not scan

Welcome to the forums! I hope you are well!:smileyhappy:

I saw your post about the troubles you're having installing the Photosmart 2610xi on your Windows 8 system. Please try running the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows which should install the driver for you.

I am also including the direct link to the driver: HP Photosmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers

If you run into any errors or problems, please let me know the details.

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
Older-than-Dirt
Message 3 of 4 (108 Views)

Thanks for trying to help me.  Unfortuately, the downloaded software did not fix the problem, I had trouble

downloading the softward, but I trought I had finally been sucessful, however I an still receiving the same

message on the printer.  "You need to install or run HP software for this feature"   Thanks again.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (93 Views)

Hello again,  I hope you enjoyed your weekend!:smileyhappy:

I am sorry to hear my suggestion didn't help. Next lets try a deep uninstall (Level 3 or 4, see details below) and reinstall.

Note: Do not run a Level 4 uninstall on a HP computer, this could cause damage to your operating system. A Level 3 is recommended for HP computers. A Level 4 uninstall is okay to be used on a non HP computer.

Uninstall:

1. Type %temp% in the run field and click OK.
2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356) (if there is more than one 7z folder, try the most recent one)
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for a non-HP PC or run the Uninstall_L3.bat for a HP PC
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

Next, restart the computer

Then, reinstall the printer: HP Photosmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers: Windows 8

I am hoping that helps!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation