Question

Honor Student
russellb
Message 1 of 6 (1,602 Views)

My Photosmart C6280 reinstalls when booting computer

I have a C6280 printer, and a Gateway Vista computer.  About every fourth or fith time that I boot up my computer it wants to re-install the driver software for my printer.  I had a Kodak printer (piece of crap) before I got the C6280 and I did not have this problem. The printer works great it's just that it gets very irritating because it takes 10 to 15 minutes extra time whenever this happens to boot up.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 6 (1,601 Views)

Re: My Photosmart C6280 reinstalls when booting computer

Please try to install THIS patch and see if it helps resolve he issue.

or else, stop and disable the service named HP CUE Device Discovery Service which you find in the Services window. you can open it by typing 'services.msc' in the 'Start Search' field in your Start Menu and press enter.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
kevinKGM
Message 3 of 6 (1,559 Views)

I have the same problem with my C6180.  When I try to download/install the patch, I get an error telling me that I don't have a driver on my computer supporting that patch.  Any ideas? 
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 6 (1,558 Views)

that patch is for the C6280.

try this link...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-54112-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=1153494&os=2093&lang=en

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
kevinKGM
Message 5 of 6 (1,539 Views)

I get the same error message as before... "This update does not support any of the HP device drivers you have on your PC.  You do not need this softward update."

I tried the link to the update from the driver download page for the C6180 and got the same error message.  

However, the driver did not uninstall upon startup today.

Honor Student
russellb
Message 6 of 6 (1,497 Views)

I also tried to download this patch and I received the same message.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation