Question

Student
SmellyTShirt
Message 1 of 2 (399 Views)

My computer cannot find the Driver that I just Downloaded

I have an HP Photosmart 3180 that I have been using with my desktop, and wanted to be able to use it from my laptop...

I am running Windows XP on my laptop.

I downloaded the driver software (CDA_DriverOnly_NonNetwork_enu_NB.exe), ran it, and it looks like everything now resides in the C:\Program Files\HP folder(s).

However, when I plug in my printer, my system cannot find the plug-in, and asks for the directory path during the install....this is where I get stuck...

I've spent about 3 hours trying to figure this out...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Smelly 

Intern
CDGuru
Message 2 of 2 (369 Views)

Re: My computer cannot find the Driver that I just Downloaded

Hi SmellyTShirt,

You'll want to download the Full Feature Software and Driver for an All-in-One printer to have the best experience. I would recommend unplugging the USB cable to the printer. Uninstalling anything already installed and download the software linked above. The installation process will guide you through your testing and setup of your printer.

CDGuru

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation