08-10-2010 05:58 PM
I have an HP Photosmart 3180 that I have been using with my desktop, and wanted to be able to use it from my laptop...
I am running Windows XP on my laptop.
I downloaded the driver software (CDA_DriverOnly_NonNetwork_enu_NB.exe), ran it, and it looks like everything now resides in the C:\Program Files\HP folder(s).
However, when I plug in my printer, my system cannot find the plug-in, and asks for the directory path during the install....this is where I get stuck...
I've spent about 3 hours trying to figure this out...any help would be greatly appreciated.
08-12-2010 04:05 PM
You'll want to download the Full Feature Software and Driver for an All-in-One printer to have the best experience. I would recommend unplugging the USB cable to the printer. Uninstalling anything already installed and download the software linked above. The installation process will guide you through your testing and setup of your printer.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS