My printer keeps losing connection to my PC (5458 Views)
Honor Student
LelandF
Message 1 of 10 (5,458 Views)

My printer keeps losing connection to my PC

Dear Friends,

My HP PSC 2110 all-in-one keeps losing connection to my PC after a few days.  Is there a fix for this?

Leland

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 10 (5,441 Views)

Re: My printer keeps losing connection to my PC

HI,

Which OS?

Have you tried another usb cable?

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Honor Student
LelandF
Message 3 of 10 (5,431 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

I have XP,

I have fixed this in the past by uninstalling and reinstalling the HP software.  I don't use my printer very often and it seems to lose contact after a few days.  It is very frustrating to have to reinstall every time I want to use the printer.

It seems to go into a hibernation and then "forgets".  All the drivers are working when checked in device manager.

Thanks.

Yours truly,

Leland

Professor
Picardje
Message 4 of 10 (5,420 Views)

Hi,

Go to www.hp.com/go/tools and download the hp print diagnostic utility. As soon as the unit does not respond run and see what it says. Might be a simple as setting the priter online again. But the tool will do this for you and tell you whats wrong.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Honor Student
LelandF
Message 5 of 10 (5,406 Views)

Dear Picardje,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

I have tried this multiple times and it says everything is correct.  But, it still can't/won't print the test page.  On top ot that, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software.  Sometimes in the past I have had to do this multiple times to get it to work.  This time it hasn't worked.

I have even cleaned the print ink surfaces with alcohol and done an internal clean with the tools.

I will try again.

Yours truly,

Leland

Student
VMOM
Message 6 of 10 (5,320 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with my All-in-One Photosmart C6280.  It prints whatever is stuck in the print queue AFTER I do a RESTART.  And, it seems to print OK until the computer goes to sleep mode.  I have tried all the solutions I have found over the past 2 months and nothing works: uninstall/reinstall the driver and/or the printer, clearing the print queue, clearing the spooler, running FIXIT, running the HP diagnostic tool - which tells me the print queue is stuck.  OK, so then it "fixes" it and does a restart. 

The printer simply loses connection and a restart is the only way to print documents in the print queue.  Surely there has to be a fix to this - stop losing the connection when going to sleep mode!!!! 

I am running Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Honor Student
bb4388
Message 7 of 10 (5,218 Views)

My HP laserjet P2015d just started doing the same thing about a month ago.  It refuses to print without a restart.  Then it will print for awhile, then do it again.  Ever find a fix?

Honor Student
denise7525
Message 8 of 10 (2,174 Views)

my printer lost connection to mac computer

Honor Student
denise7525
Message 9 of 10 (2,173 Views)

addidng another note  printer lost connection to computer but will print wirelessly from ipad

Student
PattyLu
Message 10 of 10 (148 Views)

why every time that my computer does a reset or adds things, then I lose my printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation