Question

Tutor
EamonCurran
Message 1 of 4 (1,341 Views)
Accepted Solution

My "hp psc 1215 all-in-one" will not print.

Windows Vista 32-bit, 

I cannot print from my Dell inspiron 1721 laptop.  There're are two new b/w & coloured cartridges fitted.  The print queue won't let me delete when the status states it's printing, but does 'nt print.  The printer works when direct from printer & scans from printer to laptop.  How can I solve this problem?

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 4 (1,317 Views)

Re: My "hp psc 1215 all-in-one" will not print.

Hey Eamon,

Sounds like the print queue is acting up. Since your using an Inspiron I am assuming you are using Windows. If so try restarting the print spooler. Here is how you can do it:

1. Press the start orb in the bottom left on the screen.

2. Click on "Run"

3. Type "services.msc" (without the quotes)

4. Locate the Print Spooler service in the right column

5. Click restart on the service link on the left

If your not using Windows for some reason post back and let me know so I can give you other steps. Let me know how this works.

Thanks!

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Tutor
EamonCurran
Message 3 of 4 (1,315 Views)

Thanks Sean for your prompt reply--but:-

Clicked on Print Spooler in Services ->Restart the service-> in Service Control I get the following message,

"Windows is attempting to start the following service on Local Computer    Print Spooler".  (this only appears for a few seconds & then disappears)

I also got this error:- 0X00000709 when I double clicked on the printer icon in "Printers"  The print queue is now empty (so something works) & the error message does not come on.  I've now tried to print a new document but it won't start & I can't cancel or restart the printing in the print queue.  Hope you can understand all this.

Eamon.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 4 (1,275 Views)

The 0x error is a generalized ink system failure message. There is a number of reasons that would cause this to happen. I would have pasted the instructions into my post but this document is pretty length due to the nature of this error. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03081973

Work through that to try and resolve the 0x.. error you are receiving. Let me know if this does or does not resolve the issue. 

Best of luck,

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation