Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I just got a new computer with Windows 7, 64-bit.  My HP photosmart 1115 printer worked great with my old system using Windows XP but I can't get a driver to work now.   The HP site says they don't support it.  Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Apply the Deskjet 970cse driver as shown in this document.  The Deskjet 970 drivers are installed through Windows Update.  Once the Windows Update has completed there will be a number of new models listed in the Add Printer dialog.

DJ970HP.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

I had a similar problem with my Photosmart 7960 printer.  Although the stock Win 7 driver provided for basic printing, it did not allow me to access the accessory 250-page paper tray!  After getting the "we don't support that printer any more" message from HP Technical Support, I contacted the HP Executive Office to complain (nicely , of course!).  While they did look into the issue, they finally acknowledged that drivers for "older" products could not be supported.

I am needless to say, disappointed!  I buy HP products because they are quality and they tend to last.  However with this recent experience, I'm more motivated to shop around if I end up having to buy a new printer even though I don't need one!

Sorry this wasn't a fix to your problem... but know that you're not alone!

Brad

HP Recommended

Windows 7 has a driver that will work.

I have my Photosmart 1115 working just fine.  It's even connected to a Jetdirect 500X so it's available to all pc's I have.

Go through the normal steps to install a printer and when you get to the point where you need to specify the type of printer you are trying to install,  Choose HP Photosmart 7200 Series.

HP Recommended

This worked great except it does not give me access to my auto double sided printing module. Any hope of resolving this?

Robert

HP Recommended

rbaines2 wrote:

This worked great except it does not give me access to my auto double sided printing module. Any hope of resolving this?

Try enabling the duplexer as described in the Vista/Windows 7 Duplex Troubleshooting Guide.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I've tried the "normal" way to install the printer.  I used the Photosmart 7200 as you suggested and I can not get it to print anything on the Photosmart 1115.  Did you do anything different? 

I've also tried using the Windows XP mode in Windows Virtual PC and I thought that would work but Windows can not see the printer and just keeps searching.

HP Recommended

I couldn't find HP 7200 or HP1115  Photosmart - win7 info on that page.

I followed for a different printer instructions but the Photosmart 7200 driver only lists a manual duplexing option.

Is there another driver that will work for the HP 1115 that support auto duplex?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@rbaines2 wrote:

I couldn't find HP 7200 or HP1115  Photosmart - win7 info on that page.

I followed for a different printer instructions but the Photosmart 7200 driver only lists a manual duplexing option.

Is there another driver that will work for the HP 1115 that support auto duplex?

Thanks

Use the Deskjet 970 or 990 driver as described above and enable the duplexer as described in my previous post.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

I am not a techi and I have no money to buy a new printer right now. I went to hp and tried to download the 7200 series driver, as suggested.  . . and it says that the driver is already installed in my Win7 and that it should be working just fine!  Not so, when I tried a test print from Word, it tried to turn the document into an "XPS" file - I have no idea what that even means.  I am very frustrated.  Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

My (very minor) complaint - there was no previous mention of Deskjet 970 in this string, HOWEVER

-- IT WORKED!!! I am now environmentally sustainable (auto two side) again.

FOLKS this is the answer for HP 1115 on Windows 7!

THANKS

Robert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.