03-02-2011 11:01 AM
I tried a search for old topics that might help, but I was getting wildly unhelpful results, so I'm sorry if this is a repeat problem.
I own an all-in-one PSC 2355 which was purchased for my previous computer/laptop several years ago, which were both Win XP systems. Over the past year both computers have died, so I bought a new machine that runs a 64-bit version of Windows 7.
Plugging in the printer without installing the software or driver disks, I was able to print just fine. However, I really need to use the scanner from time to time, which I cannot do easily without the appropriate HP software. I tried installing the old software CD, but of course, it is incompatible with my new machine.
I tried Win7's compatibility feature, but that didn't work (I didn't really expect it to for a printer's software). I then tried going into HP's support to see if I could find a free software download that would be compatible with both printer and computer, and I'm afraid that the support page was thoroughly unhelpful.
I cannot afford to buy a new printer, nor would I want to since this one is working fine, but I do need the scanner software. I'm also missing maintaince features such as checking ink levels, requesting a test page, cleaning the ink heads, etc.
Is there software I could get for free to solve my problem? Or any other solution?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS