Question

Honor Student
LChristofaro
Message 1 of 7 (796 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need generic print driver for Officejet 7210 all-in-one on Windows 8.1

Updated my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, which removed my print driver for an Officejet 7210 all-in-one.  Attempted to reinstall.  Error that file not found.  Followed detailed process to a tee (deleted temp files, removed startup programs, everything).  Driver doesn't work but printer does with other computers.  Printer is no longer supported and no help (but is in great working condition).

I'm looking for a generic driver that would work with my printer and Windows 8.1.  I really appreciate any help...

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 7 (780 Views)

Re: Need generic print driver for Officejet 7210 all-in-one on Windows 8.1

Hi LChristofaro,

I would like to help you with your driver issue. Here is a download for the HP Officejet 7210 Printer Drivers. Select your operating system Windows 8.1 (64-bit) or 8.1 (32-bit) and click next then click on the Driver -  Product Installation Software. I suggest saving the download in a folder so you have a copy.

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
LChristofaro
Message 3 of 7 (776 Views)

Advance 23, thank you for your response.  This is the driver that won't install correctly and I believe is corrupted.  I followed the process, followed your process to uninstall and reinstall HP software (to the tee), I deleted my personal temp files and tried again.  I tried four times with no luck.  The missing file is in the Temp setup folder so it has to be coming from the HP driver.  I see two options to get this working: either HP fixes the problem or I find another generic driver that will allow me to print and scan (I assume copying won't be affected andI don't need to fax).  Can you please help with this.

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 4 of 7 (764 Views)

Hi LChristofaro,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having an installation issue. After some investigation I can assure that the driver download from the HP website is not corrupted. Could I please get you to take a Screenshot of the error message that you are getting when you are trying to install and post it back on here?

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
LChristofaro
Message 5 of 7 (758 Views)

Thank you again for helping me out with this.  I've gotten a couple of different errors I think depending on the process that I do to get there but to the best of my knowledge they are caused by the same issue.  In both situations I am unable to go any further.  This file is coming from the temp folder that is extracted directly from the download file.  Please remember that I clear temp file including my user temp files and have followed your process for reinstalling the driver multiple times.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

HPErrorOne.png

HPError Two.png

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 6 of 7 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi LChristofaro,

I have researched your error message and the Msiexec.exe error and it is an issue with windows installer. I recommend restarting your windows installer.

To do this:

1. Run "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks).

2. Double-click "Windows Installer" in the Services list.

3. Click Stop and click OK.

4. Click Start and click OK.

Restart you computer and try the install again.

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
LChristofaro
Message 7 of 7 (720 Views)

Sorry for not being responsive but I was out of town this week.  I tried your solution and it worked.  I truly thank you for your help.  You have now restored my confidence in HP and its products.  I do have a couple of notes in case anyone else is looking at this post for an answer

1. The service wasn't started so I started the service.  I then rebooted my machine and it didn't start, so I started it again and continued with the install.

2. While I was waiting for a solution that by now didn't think I would get, I did end up installing the generic windows printer driver which worked for printing only.  I deleted that device before I installed the driver as I assume it might get in the way.

Thank you again and again.  It is nice to have my HP printer back...:-)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation