Question

Honor Student
George_
Message 1 of 4 (190 Views)

Need help in what updates I should download for HP 6110 all-in-one

I did a search for software & driver updates.  I have an HP 6110 all-in-one and my o/s is Windows XP.   It gave me a list of various things, but some of the things I'm sure I don't need.  And the others I don't know.  I don't want to be downloading things that don't apply to me or that are not the right thing.  How do I find just the critical updates?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (96 Views)

Re: Need help in what updates I should download for HP 6110 all-in-one

Read the enhancements/corrections in the release notes for the updates for. If they do not apply to you and your printer is working without issues then my suggestion is to not apply any updates.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
George_
Message 3 of 4 (94 Views)

I looked over some of the descriptions and I'm not sure about what I need or don't need. I do have some issues with my software and am not sure if any of these downloads will fix it.  I don't want to download the wrong thing and cause more problems.  I know I'm not a commercial user so I don't need one of the things listed for commercial users.  If you don't really understand if the descriptions of the updates apply or not, how do you know what is what?  At this point I would really just like to do the critic updates, but I don't  recall seeing anything that said Critica Updates.  I'm confused.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (88 Views)

What is your operating system and version (32 or 64-bit) and what issues have you had related to your printer?

The best policy to keep with all sorts of technology is to follow Murphy's law. In a nutshell, Murphy's law says if anything can go wrong it will go wrong.  A well used paraphrase of that is if it isn't broken don't fix it.

Best regards,

erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation