Question

Intern
usmcss
Message 1 of 18 (1,999 Views)

New HP UPDATE 13.0.0 will not find my J6450 Printer Wirelessly. HP Solution Center Will Not Work!

Hello,

This has been a frustrating couple of months. I had a Windows Vista 64 HP Computer which would print on my J6450 Printer but could not use any other features, mainly HP Solution Center. I tried everything with tech support and could not fix the issue, so I had a printer but not an all in one printer. I decided to wait for Windows 7 to come out because I had a free upgrade, I got the upgrade which is windows 7 64 premium. The new drivers and software were not out yet so I waited until they were, which I am assuming is 13.0.0

I downloaded and installed the software, picked wireless network and the software could not find my printer. If I would go into devices and printers through windows I could install the printer just fine and print with it but HP Solution Center would not work. The printer was set to address 192.168.0.14 I uninstalled everything including the printer and restarted the computer. I installed the patch, restarted the computer and installed the 13.0.0 hp full software and the software still could not find the printer. I could find it with my iPhone though. Anyway, I decided to choice an option that would have me attach the usb cable when trying to install the printer wirelessly, the software found my printer and router information and everything looked good. When I got to the point where it asked me to remove the usb cable, the printer would disappear in the device and printer window, nothing would work!

Then I tried to uninstall everything and reinstall the printer using usb only. Everything installed fine but the dam HP Solution Center still would not find the dam printer and gave an error message like every time before stating something like, printer has not been installed.

Do I have the right update for windows 7? 13.0.0 full for windows 7 64? Yesterday I chatted for 2 hours with tech support, we got to one point where I reinstalled everything using the usb cable when trying to install wirelessly, went into devices and drivers and installed the printer cause after removing the usb cable the printer icon would disappear. Then I was told to just remove Imaging software and HP Solution Center. After removing HP Solution Center it told me that the computer would restart after clicking on finish; so if I do that my tech support connection will be terminated, lucky them!!! The tech person told me not to worry, that after I restarted everything would work fine. I restarted and it printed fine, BUT THE DAM HP SOLUTION CENTER STILL WOULD NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has me so dam mad; just let me know if this new software has been found not to fix the issue and a new update will be available. Or if anyone has fixed this issue with a J6450 printer. It seems to me that windows is putting in their own driver and I need to somehow replace the driver windows installs with the hpdriver.

Thanks for any help!!!

Semper Fi,

Bob

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 2 of 18 (1,995 Views)

Re: New HP UPDATE 13.0.0 will not find my J6450 Printer Wirelessly. HP Solution Center Will Not Work

Bob,

So from your post, if I understand it correctly the current situation of your software and printer is the software is installed with no errors and your printer is working correctly but solution center is not...correct....if this is true when you try to open solution center what exactly does is say/do....oh and bye the way Semper Fi

I was an HP employee

If I have helped you solve your issue please mark it as solved

**Say Thanks By Clicking on the Kudos Star**
Intern
usmcss
Message 3 of 18 (1,989 Views)

Re: New HP UPDATE 13.0.0 will not find my J6450 Printer Wirelessly. HP Solution Center Will Not Work

Thank you for your reply Dot4 and Semper Fi to you! The software is all installed and the printer prints fine. When I click on HP Solution Center this is the message I get, and it is a similar message I would get with the previous Software which makes me believe that the issue has not been fixed in the latest update:

"HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete. Please plug in the USB cable or Rerun the setup program from the installation cd for Network installation."

This has all been done numerous times with no luck.

Thanks.

Semper Fi,

Bob

Intern
usmcss
Message 4 of 18 (1,982 Views)

I also want to add that I have put an Add Device Icon on my Desktop. When I click on it, I then select add wireless printer, I get a screen that says: "Is your printer already connected to your wireless Network?" I click yes and get this message:

"We were unable to locate your printer on the wireless network"

The printer is in fact connected to the wireless network, it's address comes up as 192.168.0.14, my computer can print fine from it, my iphone finds it with the hp app. to print from my iphone and works perfect.

If I click no after receiving this message  "Is your printer already connected to your wireless Network?" I go to the next page where it asks me to hook up the usb cable. I do that and then the program finds the printer and all the network info. It installs everything and then when it tells me to remove the usb cable and I remove it, the printer icon will disappear in the device and printer screen.

I think when I hook up the usb cable to the printer, it is pulling all the network info off and through the printer. When the usb cable is not hooked up, the hp software cannot communicate to the printer through the router. I have my virus protection off as well. Is there anything I need to do in the router?

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 5 of 18 (1,970 Views)

Bob,

I am going to send you two links, one is software and one is a document.  Let me know if you have already downloaded this patch and read the document.  There is a known issue with the printer icon missing with a network connection, this document should explain it, however, even with the printer icon missing solution center should still work, so if you have not ran this patch do so, then read this document if things are still broken run the software and follow the directions once it is finished ensure that even if the printer is not listed in devices and printers is solution center still broken.

Software Patch

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77751-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Document

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01911895&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

I hope this helps and fixes your issue let me know how it turns out.

I was an HP employee

Intern
usmcss
Message 6 of 18 (1,945 Views)

Thank you Dot4 for the info, I did install the patch before and also after the software install and it would not work. After receiving this post from you I decided to restore my computer to a previous state and to remove the printer from the device page. I then installed the patch, restarted the computer, installed the latest software from hp 13.0.0 full.

When I did this and then tried to install the printer wirelessly it actually found it, and this is something I forgot to mention before. It also found it before but I would get an error message and the software would hang.

I found my printer at address 192.168.0.14 put when it would get to the stage of Configuring Product, it would then hang until an error would come on the screen: "Fatal Error During Installation"

This happened before and I would stop the program from running, the printer would be installed and work but the HP SOLUTION CENTER still will not work!

I can actually right click on the computer icon and find start scan, my printer is listed under that. I can actually scan that way.

So MS Windows software finds and can use my printer just fine, but HP software on an HP Computer can't use an HP Printer?????? That blows my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing against you Dot4!

A customer should not have to go through all of this crap just to use a product. I can understand if there is a conflict between 2 products, and would be glad to wait for updated software which I did! What really makes me angry is HP released the update and it doesn't work!!!!!! Is 13.0.0 Full the updated software, or are they still coming out with an update this month?

Thanks for your help Dot4, not angry with you!

Semper Fi,

Bob

Intern
usmcss
Message 7 of 18 (1,920 Views)

Please just answer me this; it is apparent that the new software and drivers do not work for all printers, so is HP working on a Solution for this?

Thank you.

Semper Fi,

Bob

PhD Student
Dot4
Message 8 of 18 (1,916 Views)

Bob,

I understand your frustration and I also understand that your not angry with me....I was able to install the J6450 on a Windows 7 PC yesterday so I do know that the software works, with the exception of the printer icon missing over a network install, but that can be fixed.  That being said somthing is causing the software not to install, how well are you with your pc....if I send you instructions and walk you thru a couple things would you be williing to try them...semper fi

I was an HP employee

Intern
usmcss
Message 9 of 18 (1,911 Views)

Thanks for the reply Dot4, I really appreciate it. I am capable of doing anything with computers including building them, but not good enough to fix this dam problem.

I am willing to do anything including going into the registry and not holding you accountable if anything happens.

Thanks again and I look forward to your reply!!!

Semper Fi,

Bob

3/6 STA PLT. Dec. 85 to Dec.91

Intern
usmcss
Message 10 of 18 (1,877 Views)

Ok, I uninstalled everything again and tried to reinstalled with the printer connected to the network with a ethernet cable. The HP F'en software will STILL NOT FIND THE PRINTER.  I can find the printer with the router, windows explorer and also install it with Windows. But, Solution Center will not work.

I hooked up an old SONY XP Computer and installed HP Solution Center and everything works just fine!

I think if I try to use HP Solution Center one more time with my laptop and it says, "Printer was not installed correctly" I AM GOING TO SMASH THIS DAM COMPUTER!!!!!!

Does the printer need to be set to Factory default before I try and install the new software?

I can see going through all of this in the 90's, but 2010??????????????? This is ridiculous!

Semper Fi,

Bob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation