09-18-2010 08:30 AM
I installed a new ink cartridge and the printer won't acknowledge it. This firmware update is supposed to fix this problem, but when I follow the directions on the HP web page to the "drivers and downloads" site, there's no option for a firmware update. I'm on a Mac with OS-X. Any ideas?
09-21-2010 05:21 PM
Not sure of your "geekdomness", so I will start with some basics (don't want to insult your intelligence). Try these steps:
1. Make sure the new cartridge's expiration date is good.
2. Clean the Printhead Contacts as described here:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
This may not be the exact cartridge but you can get the gist of the procedure.
3. Make sure the cartridge is pushed in all the way.
4. Make sure the cartridge door is pushed in all the way.
5. Turn off the printer and disconnect from the wall outlet. Wait 1 min. Plug back in and turn on.
6. I'm not familiar with Mac OS-X so see if this helps:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
7. If all else fails, return your cartridge and replace it with another one.
This all that I can think of. Good Luck!!
11-07-2010 01:49 PM
Installed fairly well. After a "successful install" message from HP, Windows 7 said "would you like to try again with compatibility settings to make this work?" I tried that, but the flashing was already underway.
The firmware upgrade says it is supposed to fix a false Tray choice. That is not fixed. I have two machines that recently started to use Tray 1 (which does not exist) and bypass Tray 2 (8500 A909g default) under every page preference,
01-13-2011 05:26 PM
Yes, I tried it. It installed OK as the utility reported, but then gave me a BSOD with error B808461C. Printer is totaly unresponsive. So called solution only works IF the printer is responsive. This printer is NOT responsive and no solution on the horizon. DO NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE UPDATE!