Question

Student
AtlJim48
Message 1 of 2 (59 Views)

Not finding Printer

I just bought a new HP Pavilion 23, hooked up my HP printer and it's not finding the driver.  I tried to install the CD that came with the printer and my computer couldn't read it.  I've had the printer quite awhile, but I can't imagine it's too old.

Any ideas [for a not-very-tech-savvy HP user]?

Jim

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 2 (35 Views)

Re: Not finding Printer

Good day Jim, welcome to the forums:smileyhappy:

I understand you now have a new computer and are running into troubles with installing your printer. I will do my best to help you. If you are running Windows 7 or 8/8.1 as your operating system, try running the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows to install your printer.

If that does not work, please write me back with which OS you are running, what errors you are seeing when you try to install the printer, what printer you have, and how you are connecting the printer to your PC (wireless, USB or Ethernet).

Help to find which Operating System you are running:
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Help to find your printers Model Number:
How Do I Find My Model Number?

Have a great weekend:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation