07-16-2014 06:40 PM
I just bought a new HP Pavilion 23, hooked up my HP printer and it's not finding the driver. I tried to install the CD that came with the printer and my computer couldn't read it. I've had the printer quite awhile, but I can't imagine it's too old.
Any ideas [for a not-very-tech-savvy HP user]?
07-18-2014 09:13 AM
Good day Jim, welcome to the forums
I understand you now have a new computer and are running into troubles with installing your printer. I will do my best to help you. If you are running Windows 7 or 8/8.1 as your operating system, try running the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows to install your printer.
If that does not work, please write me back with which OS you are running, what errors you are seeing when you try to install the printer, what printer you have, and how you are connecting the printer to your PC (wireless, USB or Ethernet).
Help to find which Operating System you are running:
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?
Help to find your printers Model Number:
How Do I Find My Model Number?
Have a great weekend
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS