OSX Maverick & Photosmart c309a scanning problem (1904 Views)
Student
Jezza2013
Message 1 of 13 (1,904 Views)

OSX Maverick & Photosmart c309a scanning problem

I have upgraded to MAC OSX Maverick 10.9 .

Before installing MAVERICK I was able to scan and save no problem, but now I can scan but not save, error message saying "ensure file is not write protected". 

So I deleted the HP SCAN software intending to download the latest version...... but I can't find HP SCAN software on hp.com and MAC SOFTWARE UPDATE doesn't show any updates available  ......  

a) is anyone else having this SCAN SAVING error? solution?

b) anyone know where I can download the HP SCAN software?

Thanks!!

HP
happytohelp01
Message 2 of 13 (1,831 Views)

Re: OSX Maverick & Photosmart c309a scanning problem

Hi Jezza2013,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues scanning with your Photosmart C309a since upgrading to Mac OS X 10.9.

I have included a document on scanning with Mac OS X 10.9 Maverick.

How to Scan: OS X v10.9

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03967506

Happytohelp01

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Click the KUDOS Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
NaveenE
Message 3 of 13 (1,748 Views)

As per documentation the scanning is not working with C309a printer with Mavericks. Basicaly in the preview-> File menu the Import from Scanner option is grayed out after installing the printer as genric PCL printer. tried with image capture, still there is no printer attached there. I could print any document but not able to scan. 

The documentation should be properly prepared before submitting it to customers. HP needs to fix this issue either by providing a standalone software or needs to provide software in the list while installing the printer to choose.

HP
happytohelp01
Message 4 of 13 (1,702 Views)

Hi NaveenE,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues trying to scan since upgrading to Mac OS X v10.9 Mavericks.

It sounds like you have installed a generic driver for a single function printer, not an All-in-One printer like your HP Photosmart Premium.  I recommend that you do the following to get a better printer driver.

1)            Please plug in your USB cable into the printer

2)            Reboot Mac

3)            Once computer has finished rebooting please check for Apple software updates

I have included a document on installing and using the printer on a Mac that has the steps above in it under the section "Install the printer software for a USB connection" .  It also has a FAQ section if you run into any issues. I've also included a link to the document on how to scan using Mavericks.

OS X v10.9 Mavericks: Installing and Using the Printer on a Mac

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03967522

How to Scan: OS X v10.9

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03967506

Happytohelp01

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Honor Student
ag8081
Message 5 of 13 (1,638 Views)

I'm having the same problem.  Very frustrating.  Worked fine beforehand.  I've checked for updates, and it says I'm current. 

Honor Student
ag8081
Message 6 of 13 (1,637 Views)

Ok, I figured it out.  I just had to read the instructions.  Duh!  Thanks

Honor Student
NaveenE
Message 7 of 13 (1,568 Views)

These instructions worked very well with USB cable connected. Once I disconnected the cable, I am not able to print or scan anything using wifi. in system preference, the printer is showing as offline. I restated both mac system and printer but still having the same issue.

How could I print/scan using wireless?

HP
happytohelp01
Message 8 of 13 (1,512 Views)

Hi NaveenE,

Thank you for the update.  It's good to know the printer is working.

I have included a document on installing the printer on a wireless network.  In the Mac OS X section there is a sub-section titled "Option two: Change an existing USB or wired (Ethernet) connection to a wireless connection". It will walk you through switching your connection from USB to wireless.

Installing the Printer Software on a Wireless or Wired (Ethernet) Network

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02272697

Happytohelp01

I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
music9922
Message 9 of 13 (1,353 Views)

I saw a post by Jezza2013 from October 2013 that he/she was having a problem saving a scan from a Photsmart C309a to an Apple computer using Maverick 10.9        I wanted to know if Jezza2013 or anyone else found a resolution to this problem      I am having the same difficulty and unable to fix it      Any help is appreciated     Thanks

HP
Sunshyn2005
Message 10 of 13 (1,308 Views)

Hi music9922,

You are not the only one to experience this issue, others have found a solution in scanning with the Apple scan options. Use this link to open another thread I have posted on to see the instructions. Re: Problems scanning with HP printer and Mavericks.

Hope this helps.

Click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation