OfficeJet 5610 software won't install on Windows 7 (825 Views)
Top Student
clawcity
Message 1 of 15 (825 Views)

OfficeJet 5610 software won't install on Windows 7

I have an OfficeJet 5610 and am running Windows 7 x64. Whenever I attempt to install the software for my printer the installer vanishes part way through. I got as far as choosing which software componants I wanted to install, hit next, and then it's gone.

Teacher
pctech33
Message 2 of 15 (818 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 5610 software won't install on Windows 7

Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.

Message 3 of 15 (812 Views)

I had a hunt around on the HP website and couldn't find anything that addressed the problem I'm having.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 4 of 15 (791 Views)

clawcity wrote:

I had a hunt around on the HP website and couldn't find anything that addressed the problem I'm having.

Good morning. I would suggest clearing all the temp files. Here is how you can do it:

1. Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click Accessories , click System Tools , and then click Disk Cleanup . The Disk Cleanup Utility window opens.
  2. Disk Cleanup Utility analyzes the hard disk, and then displays a report containing a list of optional Files to delete . Click the check boxes next to unnecessary files, and then click OK .

Also make sure you have disabled any firewall and anti virus software before you try to run the installer. Did you download the driver/software from our website?

Thanks

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
clawcity
Message 5 of 15 (764 Views)

Nope that didn't help either.

I downloaded the software from the HP website.

AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 6 of 15 (758 Views)

Ok, lets try the Windows 7 Printer Install Utility. Just click that link and download the tool. Run it and see if it gets the proper drivers installed or find any errors. Post back with your results so I know if it resolved the issue.

Best of luck!

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Top Student
clawcity
Message 7 of 15 (742 Views)

Same result I'm afraid.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 8 of 15 (735 Views)

Alright. These next few steps are a little more complicated but I think you should be able to follow along. Id like to try to stop all the TSR programs running in the background. Heres how we can do it.

1. On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), type msconfig in the Search Programs and Files box, and then press Enter . The User Account Control window opens.
  2. Click Continue . The System Configuration window opens.
  3. Click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup check box.
  4. If there is a checkmark next to Load Startup items, click the checkmark to remove it.
  5. Click the Services tab, and then click Hide All Microsoft Services (at the bottom of the Services tab).
  6. Click Disable All , and then click Ok .
  7. Click Restart . The computer automatically restarts.

Post back with your results so I can make sure we get this issue resolved! :smileyhappy:

-SeanS

Honor Student
pende6
Message 9 of 15 (669 Views)

Tried that but it did not work.  I still get the error message A FILE NEEDED TO COMPLETE IS MISSING . I then went to the Europe site  and downloaded from there , Same error message

Top Student
clawcity
Message 10 of 15 (667 Views)

Still didn't work Sean

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation