05-28-2012 07:32 AM
I have an OfficeJet 5610 and am running Windows 7 x64. Whenever I attempt to install the software for my printer the installer vanishes part way through. I got as far as choosing which software componants I wanted to install, hit next, and then it's gone.
05-28-2012 10:51 AM
Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.
Life is too serious to be taken seriously
05-30-2012 10:05 AM
I had a hunt around on the HP website and couldn't find anything that addressed the problem I'm having.
Good morning. I would suggest clearing all the temp files. Here is how you can do it:
- Click the Windows icon ( ), click All Programs , click Accessories , click System Tools , and then click Disk Cleanup . The Disk Cleanup Utility window opens.
- Disk Cleanup Utility analyzes the hard disk, and then displays a report containing a list of optional Files to delete . Click the check boxes next to unnecessary files, and then click OK .
Also make sure you have disabled any firewall and anti virus software before you try to run the installer. Did you download the driver/software from our website?
06-05-2012 09:11 AM
Ok, lets try the Windows 7 Printer Install Utility. Just click that link and download the tool. Run it and see if it gets the proper drivers installed or find any errors. Post back with your results so I know if it resolved the issue.
Best of luck!
06-07-2012 09:07 AM
Alright. These next few steps are a little more complicated but I think you should be able to follow along. Id like to try to stop all the TSR programs running in the background. Heres how we can do it.
- On the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ), type msconfig in the Search Programs and Files box, and then press Enter . The User Account Control window opens.
- Click Continue . The System Configuration window opens.
- Click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup check box.
- If there is a checkmark next to Load Startup items, click the checkmark to remove it.
- Click the Services tab, and then click Hide All Microsoft Services (at the bottom of the Services tab).
- Click Disable All , and then click Ok .
- Click Restart . The computer automatically restarts.
Post back with your results so I can make sure we get this issue resolved!
07-27-2012 07:07 PM
Tried that but it did not work. I still get the error message A FILE NEEDED TO COMPLETE IS MISSING . I then went to the Europe site and downloaded from there , Same error message
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS