Re: OfficeJet 7310 error code after software installation (1014 Views)
Honor Student
DeDub
Message 1 of 3 (1,160 Views)

OfficeJet 7310 error code after software installation

I've had nothing but difficulty with my OfficeJet 7310 since I upgraded from XP to Windows7 Pro, accessed through my home LAN.  When I first tried downloading and installing the full HP software - AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_141 - it would always hang up most of the way through.  I eventually worked around it but it was a kludge and HP director wouldn't boot up nor could I fax or scan but at least I could print.  

Yesterday I decided to try again, redownloaded the software - it hadn't noticably changed - and this time it installed all the way but I get a continual error code now.  I can reset and restart the printer but the moment it comes on line the error code returns.  The printer itself is fine; by itself it will print a test page with no problem but as soon as I plug it in to the LAN, the code 0x887df78e appears on the printer screen and t becomes unresponsive.  So it appears to be in the communication between my computer, a fairly new pentium dual core with 8megs ram, and the printer.  Of course, I've tried rebooting everything, etc.

Any ideas?

Student
Easteddie
Message 2 of 3 (1,019 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 7310 error code after software installation

Same problem for the past two days.  I have worked with the Chat techs, and the on-line techs, and they can't seem to find the problem. They have sent me pages, and pages of instructions, but nothing works.

I just don't think they should have released it.

Honor Student
DeDub
Message 3 of 3 (1,014 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 7310 error code after software installation

I just DID run across a workaround, bizarre as it is.  I tried all the workarounds and 3rd party software; nothing would recognize the scanner function of my 7310.  Then I ran across someone who suggested I type in the IP address of my printer.  In my case I had it set to dynamic but I found it at .103 and when I typed that in to my browser, there it was.  My printer.  In a browser format.  And under 'Applications'  there was a 'scan' button' that worked.  There were few options available but it did scan.  You'll have to find your own printer's IP but it may work for you, too.

Good luck.

And HP tech, where are you?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation