Officejet 4300 Series Windows 7 Unable to download HP Solutions Center (701 Views)
Student
javster87
Message 1 of 4 (701 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 4300 Series Windows 7 Unable to download HP Solutions Center

Hi,

I just bought a new Windows 7 PC and hooked up my existing officejet 4315 to it. I can print just fine with the default win7 driver. My concern is that I cannot see the ink levels on the printer on this new PC. The CD that came with the printer is beyond useless. I scoured the HP software and driver download site, but I cannot find a link to download the solutions center for this printer for Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Does anyone know what I can do to view the ink levels on this printer on this OS?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 4 (671 Views)

Officejet 4300 Series Windows 7 Unable to download HP Solutions Center

Hello javster87,

The driver for your HP product is built into Windows 7, and is known as an in-Operating System (in-OS) driver. With an in-OS driver, you do not have access to HP Solution Center and cannot check ink levels in HP Toolbox as you can with a full-featured driver provided by HP.

As a work-around, you can print out a self-test report that may show the ink levels (depending on the printer). To print out this report on your printer:

1. Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain white paper into the input tray.
2. Press Setup.
3. Press 2, then press 4 (This selects Print Report and then selects Self-Test Report).

I am not sure if this will show the ink levels, but this is the only other way to possibly see them while using this printer on Windows 7.

http://goo.gl/BSyeE

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
michele500000
Message 3 of 4 (482 Views)

Re: Officejet 4300 Series Windows 7 Unable to download HP Solutions Center

I would like to be able to scan a document and save it and my HP wont do it. Also I cant not open my HP Solutions , Or anything . The driver already installed is not showing I have Scanning Hardware, I know I have it I have used it before.
Top Student
michele500000
Message 4 of 4 (482 Views)

Re: Officejet 4300 Series Windows 7 Unable to download HP Solutions Center

When I Press Scan on my HP Officejet4315 All in one it says   No Scan Options and says to refer to my documentation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation