Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,483 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 4300 Series Windows 7 Unable to download HP Solutions Center

Hi,

I just bought a new Windows 7 PC and hooked up my existing officejet 4315 to it. I can print just fine with the default win7 driver. My concern is that I cannot see the ink levels on the printer on this new PC. The CD that came with the printer is beyond useless. I scoured the HP software and driver download site, but I cannot find a link to download the solutions center for this printer for Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Does anyone know what I can do to view the ink levels on this printer on this OS?

Accepted Solution

Hello javster87,

The driver for your HP product is built into Windows 7, and is known as an in-Operating System (in-OS) driver. With an in-OS driver, you do not have access to HP Solution Center and cannot check ink levels in HP Toolbox as you can with a full-featured driver provided by HP.

As a work-around, you can print out a self-test report that may show the ink levels (depending on the printer). To print out this report on your printer:

1. Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain white paper into the input tray.
2. Press Setup.
3. Press 2, then press 4 (This selects Print Report and then selects Self-Test Report).

I am not sure if this will show the ink levels, but this is the only other way to possibly see them while using this printer on Windows 7.

http://goo.gl/BSyeE

View solution in context
Professor
Message 2 of 4 (1,453 Views)

Hello javster87,

The driver for your HP product is built into Windows 7, and is known as an in-Operating System (in-OS) driver. With an in-OS driver, you do not have access to HP Solution Center and cannot check ink levels in HP Toolbox as you can with a full-featured driver provided by HP.

As a work-around, you can print out a self-test report that may show the ink levels (depending on the printer). To print out this report on your printer:

1. Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain white paper into the input tray.
2. Press Setup.
3. Press 2, then press 4 (This selects Print Report and then selects Self-Test Report).

I am not sure if this will show the ink levels, but this is the only other way to possibly see them while using this printer on Windows 7.

http://goo.gl/BSyeE

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (1,264 Views)

Re: Officejet 4300 Series Windows 7 Unable to download HP Solutions Center

I would like to be able to scan a document and save it and my HP wont do it. Also I cant not open my HP Solutions , Or anything . The driver already installed is not showing I have Scanning Hardware, I know I have it I have used it before.
Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (1,264 Views)

Re: Officejet 4300 Series Windows 7 Unable to download HP Solutions Center

When I Press Scan on my HP Officejet4315 All in one it says   No Scan Options and says to refer to my documentation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation