05-12-2012 04:03 PM
Officejet 5610 all-in-one, iMac OS 10.7.4. when i try to scan from the HP Device Manager, HP Scan Pro app fires up, but then comes up with a message "Error. Sorry, scanner could not be initialized. (Scanner not found.)" but printing works fine, so its not that the iMac can't "see" the 5610. if i try to scan by hitting the scan button on the 5610, the display says "No scan options. Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot." i tried deleting and re-installing the printer software (in sys pref/print & scan). i also ran software update to make sure i have the latest version of the driver software. i tried the steps on the support site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
this used to work just fine, but at some point it just stopped working. may have been coincident with upgrading to lion.
please give me something else to try. i need my scanning capability back!!!
06-12-2012 05:08 PM
Hey Jrockmore. let's reset the printing system:
Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Default tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
Next, run a Software Update. This can be done by clicking the Apple in the top left of the screen then clicking Software Updates.
Let me know if this gets scanning back up and running.
05-27-2014 04:59 PM
This did not help me at all and now it deleted all of my printers. Did you not see that it prints fine but just does not scan? Thank you for trying to help anyway.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS