Question

Honor Student
jrockmore
Message 1 of 3 (1,755 Views)

Officejet 5610 won't scan (prints fine)

Officejet 5610 all-in-one, iMac OS 10.7.4.  when i try to scan from the HP Device Manager, HP Scan Pro app fires up, but then comes up with a message "Error.  Sorry, scanner could not be initialized.  (Scanner not found.)"  but printing works fine, so its not that the iMac can't "see" the 5610.  if i try to scan by hitting the scan button on the 5610, the display says "No scan options.  Refer to device documentation to troubleshoot."  i tried deleting and re-installing the printer software (in sys pref/print & scan).  i also ran software update to make sure i have the latest version of the driver software.  i tried the steps on the support site:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00896190&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

this used to work just fine, but at some point it just stopped working.  may have been coincident with upgrading to lion. 

please give me something else to try.  i need my scanning capability back!!!

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 3 (1,700 Views)

Re: Officejet 5610 won't scan (prints fine)

Hey Jrockmore. let's reset the printing system:

Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Default tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

Next, run a Software Update. This can be done by clicking the Apple in the top left of the screen then clicking Software Updates.

Let me know if this gets scanning back up and running.

Thanks

Sean

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Student
gwestcott
Message 3 of 3 (461 Views)

Re: Officejet 5610 won't scan (prints fine)

This did not help me at all and now it deleted all of my printers. Did you not see that it prints fine but just does not scan? Thank you for trying to help anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation