Question

Honor Student
Netghost56
Message 1 of 2 (396 Views)

Officejet 5610xi. "No Scan Option" "Fatal Error" during install, Solution Center will not initialize

[ Edited ]

HP 5610xi AIO printer- customer did basic install for print function only, now wants all the features. Scan option on device shows no scan option available (with ! blinking). Computer is a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 64 bit.

I have installed and reinstalled the LATEST version full feature software countless times! I have tried all the fixes given to me. I want to directly install the drivers and configuration files without the extracted app which seems to me to be the issue with this whole mess.

The biggest problem I can see with HP's installation software is that it extracts to the TEMP folder, and will NOT run from any other folder. This is stupid!

Here's the details:

Customer purchased install CD online, couldn't complete install (blocksysuserinstall.exe not found).

I solved this by renaming extract folder to match the address the install was looking for (previous install was deleted, registry keys still exist??) Now the software will load, but install hangs on configuration, then stops with "Fatal Error" "C:\....hpzsetup.exe""-f""C:\...." Error log runs, along with a fix downloaded to desktop. I went through all the fixes, but still cannot complete install. HP Solution Center will not run (says install not completed).

HP Print doctor finds no issues with Print. Scan has multiple issues: Registry, HP Scan Flow Manager, and Front Panel Test. The first 2 ask for uninstall and reinstall newer software (which is what I am using). The Front Panel Test asks to run the HP Solution Center, which still will not initialize because it says that setup is not complete.

I have removed the HP folders, removed driver information from printer server options, cleared all startup/service options, tried running as Vista 64 compatibility, running install from CD, downloaded and ran with updated patches.

Nothing has worked.

Printer NO MATTER WHAT will not show in Device Manager, even though it will print.

AND: Client purchased a install CD from HP for his Windows 7 computer. He was sent an Apple install CD- Is this the kind of support that HP is known for?

Honor Student
Netghost56
Message 2 of 2 (363 Views)

Re: Officejet 5610xi. "No Scan Option" "Fatal Error" during install, Solution Ce

[ Edited ]

Well, no help so what I did:

Ran the install using the numeric folder name that the original install was done in.

Install, of course, did not complete but drivers were installed.

After reboot ran Print and Scan doctor to ensure print function was still 100%.

Downloaded 3rd party scanning app- tied to HP Scanning App (which I could not find and shortcut to desktop) Tested scanner and PC-run functions (and HP Imaging Monitor) are 100%, but still no Front Panel scan function.

Tested fax with fax simulator- tested 100%.

Customer is NOT happy that HP Solution Center will not run due to erroneous install. I explained that there is a compatibility issue with HP and windows 7, and that due to the age of the printer it is no longer supported, therefore no new updates available.

Customer will probably buy a new AIO printer sooner than later...made no recommendation as to vendor.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation