11-10-2009 10:21 PM
04-09-2010 03:37 PM
I was getting the same error on my Officejet 5610xi All-in-One on Windows XP.
Then I tried scanning to pdf searchable and I was surprised that it worked. Then I tried scanning back to regular pdf and it worked again!
But when I tried to scan at 75 dpi, I got the error again. Also at 100 dpi and 150 dpi. But when I scanned at 200 dpi or 300 dpi, it worked.
Searchable pdf seems to be set at 300 dpi and the resultant file is only a little larger than regular pdf at 300 dpi. But 200 dpi is about half the size. So if you want to save a little space, use 200 dpi.
Don't know if this occurrence is common to most setups, but that's what happens on my setup.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS