Question

Honor Student
Kaivitiboy
Message 1 of 2 (2,165 Views)

Officejet 6110 on XP unable to scan to pdf

Have recently tried to scan a document to PDF format using my Officejet 6110 running on Windows XP.  I have tried to do a re install of the software but still get the same error message "An internal error occurred while processing the document. Try one of the following: Restart the program, Restart the PC and then try again,or Reinstall the Photo & Imaging Software and try again".   The software running is HP Solution Centre.  I am able to scan to any other format but PDF will not work. Has anyone got a solution to this problem.
Student
kulasoft
Message 2 of 2 (1,919 Views)

Re: Officejet 6110 on XP unable to scan to pdf

I was getting the same error on my Officejet 5610xi All-in-One on Windows XP.

Then I tried scanning to pdf searchable and I was surprised that it worked.  Then I tried scanning back to regular pdf and it worked again!

But when I tried to scan at 75 dpi, I got the error again.  Also at 100 dpi and 150 dpi.  But when I scanned at 200 dpi or 300 dpi, it worked.

Searchable pdf seems to be set at 300 dpi and the resultant file is only a little larger than regular pdf at 300 dpi.  But 200 dpi is about half the size.  So if you want to save a little space, use 200 dpi.

Don't know if this occurrence is common to most setups, but that's what happens on my setup.

- mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation