Question

Top Student
pro-logic
Message 1 of 3 (2,149 Views)

Officejet 6200 fax can't install - Windows 7 x64

Hi,

I'm running windows 7 x64 I've plugged in the all in one 6200, the scanner and printer have installed fine, but for the life of me I can't get the fax to install.

Does anybody have a 'how to' guid? are there drivers I need to install? Do I need to hack the registry? 

The "Officjet 6200 fax" printer does not show up in the printers section, nor in device manager which leads me to believe something about drivers... 

I just want my fax to work!

Albert 

Honor Student
DeDub
Message 2 of 3 (2,073 Views)

Re: Officejet 6200 fax can't install - Windows 7 x64

Mmm, very similar to what I've been trying to work out with my Officejet 7310 with Win7x64.  I'd love to see if anyone has an answer.

Top Student
kentm
Message 3 of 3 (1,800 Views)

Re: Officejet 6200 fax can't install - Windows 7 x64

The basic drivers for my 6210 installed with the OS don't included the fax printer. I actually tried the Vista x64 drivers and they seem to work fine and even added the print to fax option. There is a problem with the fax option though, the cover page option is missing. There is an option to added a page from the unit but the XP driver had an option to add from file. This is an important feature since printing out a page to put into the printer just seems like a step backward.

I'm willing to use a 3rd party software if one exists which has the option to print to fax from MS Office, Adobe PDF etc. and has the option to add the cover page from file

IMO the "workaround" for faxing shown here is just rediculous. I was seriously shocked that this was even listed as the workaround. There's even a video incase you don't know how to use the print function in your software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation