11-28-2009 04:08 PM
I'm running windows 7 x64 I've plugged in the all in one 6200, the scanner and printer have installed fine, but for the life of me I can't get the fax to install.
Does anybody have a 'how to' guid? are there drivers I need to install? Do I need to hack the registry?
The "Officjet 6200 fax" printer does not show up in the printers section, nor in device manager which leads me to believe something about drivers...
02-08-2010 01:55 PM
The basic drivers for my 6210 installed with the OS don't included the fax printer. I actually tried the Vista x64 drivers and they seem to work fine and even added the print to fax option. There is a problem with the fax option though, the cover page option is missing. There is an option to added a page from the unit but the XP driver had an option to add from file. This is an important feature since printing out a page to put into the printer just seems like a step backward.
I'm willing to use a 3rd party software if one exists which has the option to print to fax from MS Office, Adobe PDF etc. and has the option to add the cover page from file
IMO the "workaround" for faxing shown here is just rediculous. I was seriously shocked that this was even listed as the workaround. There's even a video incase you don't know how to use the print function in your software.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS