Question

Student
Katharine
Message 1 of 2 (194 Views)

Officejet 6310 from UK doesn't recognise South African cartridges

I moved to South Africa last year along with my faithful 6310 printer. Had checked beforehand that cartridges for this printer would be available in Johannesburg - they are but the printer doesn't recognise them as the correct cartridges. Apparently there's a setting I can change to solve the problem but I don't know what it is ...

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (159 Views)

Re: Officejet 6310 from UK doesn't recognise South African cartridges

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation