Officejet 6310 says "No Scan Options" and there is no DIM (7641 Views)
Honor Student
Newfound1
Message 1 of 3 (7,641 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 6310 says "No Scan Options" and there is no DIM

I have an Officejet 6310xi connected by USB to my Dell Computer. I am using Windows XP (with Service Pack 3).

I downloaded the basic drivers (no software) from the hp website. I can print and copy on the officejet. When I try to scan it says "No Scan Options." The Digital Imaging Monitor is not visible in the system tray. If I run msconfig the DIM is not in the startup menu, either.

When I run the Scan Diagnostic Utility V 1.5, it finds problems with PML service, Registry Mismatch, and HP Digital Imaging Monitor. 

When I run "fix," it cannot find C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe. There is no file by that name (hpqtra08.exe) on this computer.

While I once had the CD with all the software and drivers, it is not at this location. Should I order another CD or is there another possible solution? I do have Norton 360 running and I gather from reading that this might affect the downloading of the drivers, but I am not savvy enough to know how to temporarily disable firewalls, etc. Which is why the CD solution is appealing to me. Needless to say, a free solution would be even better! Thank you for any help.

Intern
Intern
EmJ
Message 2 of 3 (7,600 Views)

Re: Officejet 6310 says "No Scan Options" and there is no DIM

You only downloaded basic drivers, I do believe you will need to download Full Feature SW & Drivers for the scanning to work

with link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-42045-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Hope it will work..:smileyhappy:

Honor Student
Newfound1
Message 3 of 3 (7,567 Views)

Re: Officejet 6310 says "No Scan Options" and there is no DIM

Thanks! I should have known.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation