Question

Tutor
Naduk
Message 1 of 11 (1,289 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet 6500 E709n - Windows 8 64-bit cannot run Solution Center after installation

Hello,

I am running a Windows 8.0 64bit Sony Viao laptop with all operating system updates applied.

I run program the following program which is for the HP Officejet 6500 E709n all in one printer running on an internal network using wireless.

After an intermediate reboot during the installation process, the Solution Center did not install completely. I re-ran the above program to uninstal which seemed to be succcessful. I then re-ran again and installed the Solution Center.

When starting the Solution Center I see the message below.hp error.jpg

As uninstalling and then re-installing using the same progrem does not seem to work, is there anything else i can try? I'm assuming that to use the scanner, I would need to install the HP Solution Center.

Many thanks

Nad

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 11 (1,257 Views)

Re: Officejet 6500 E709n - Windows 8 64-bit cannot run Solution Center after installation

Hello Naduk,

I understand that the HP Solution Center is not working for your Officejet 6500 E709n. Are you wireless or using an USB connection? How did you uninstall the software? Did you use the HP uninstaller? Or pull the software out of your control panels programs and feature options?

I will watch for your reply, so we can begin troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Naduk
Message 3 of 11 (1,253 Views)

Re: Officejet 6500 E709n - Windows 8 64-bit cannot run Solution Center after installation

HI,

Are you wireless or using an USB connection? Wireless. I have already installed the basic driver for my printer which works fine when sending out print requests. Also during the install process it successfully identifies my printer over my network at home.

How did you uninstall the software? I went to this site on HP.com Officejet Full Software. I then chaose the option to 'Run' this software. After about 5 or 10 minutes of download time it started to run and I chose 'Uninstall'.

Did you use the HP uninstaller? Yes

Or pull the software out of your control panels programs and feature options? No

many thanks

nad

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 4 of 11 (1,227 Views)

Hi Naduk,

Thank you so much for that information. I would like you to go ahead and make sure all the software and drivers are pulled out of your control panel, programs and features. Take a look at this informative video on How to uninstall on Windows 8.

Once we have completely removed all software, I would like you to do a restart your computer. Now we can go ahead and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows- it was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

You should now be able to access your HP Printer Assistant, please let me know if this was helpful. If you require more assistance, let me know.

Thanks,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Naduk
Message 5 of 11 (1,215 Views)

Hi,

I have unistalled via Control Panel as requested and re-installed using hppiw.exe. I can print successfully but I could do that anyway. However this only installs the driver for the printer. This does not install the Solution Center which I need in order to use the scanner.

What is your suggested next step in order for me to use the scanner ?

thanks

nad

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 6 of 11 (1,210 Views)

Hello Naduk,

The most current software should have the Solution Center. The basic software includes the installer with the print driver and scan driver. Did you happen to save the download? If so, I would like you to go ahead and do a Level 3 Uninstall. Please follow the steps listed below:

1. Go to your Start menu and type %temp%

2.  Open your %temp% folder

3.  Click on the 7z folder (you may notice a few, if you have downloaded the software previous)

4. Scroll to the Util folder

5. Select the ccc folder

6. Scroll to Uninstall_L3

7. Now everything should be removed.

8. Make sure the USB is not plugged in until prompted by the software.

9. Instead of using the PIW, we can go ahead and run the full feature software download: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-110035-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Please let me know if you require assistance with this, I will watch for your reply.

Thank you,

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Naduk
Message 7 of 11 (1,201 Views)

Hi,

the Level 3 Uninstall hit a problem with one of the early steps. I have included the screenshot. It continued after I hit ok and there were no further issues.

For the re-install, do I 'Run' the full software download (which is stated in the instructions) or can I download first and then  'Run' ?

thank

nad

Capture.JPG

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 8 of 11 (1,197 Views)

Hello,

Please go ahead and save the download and then run it, that way we will have it later incase we need it. :smileyhappy:

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Naduk
Message 9 of 11 (1,189 Views)

Hi,

I have reinstalled and it now works. In fact I upgraded to Windows 8.1 prior to doing this.

thanks for your help.

nad

Student
Marc-BatonRouge
Message 10 of 11 (1,116 Views)

I, too, am unable to install HP Solution Center on my Windows 8.1 64 bit operating system running on a Lenovo H505s wirelessly networked to a E709N.  I have used the L3 uninstall as noted in a response to Nad, rebooted and tried both the E709a full installation from the link sent to Nad and after that seemed not to install, tried the E709n full installation from the HP.com.  The download completes, extracts and then through the task manager I find that HP Installer setup (32 bit) and the HP Webpack (32 bit) are listed, with the Installer running between 40 and 48% of CPU capacity.  The longest I allowed these installers to run was twelve (12) hours.  I receive no feedback as to how the installation is proceeding, other than seeing the CPU contribution to the HP Installer.  By the way, I have even deleted the downloads and their extracted folders & content after doing the L3 uninstall; interesting that the 7z folder running will not delete until I stop the HP Installer and HP Webpack tasks.  I had tried all the above under Windows 8 with the same results.  I then upgraded to 8.1 as Nad had, but did not have the success Nad has had.  I, too, can print to the E709N wirelessly; I have the same success with printing to my 2605dn wired to the network.

XP and Visa machines on this same home network run the HP Solution Center perfectly for scanning, et al.

Any ideas?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation