Question

Honor Student
johal50
Message 1 of 2 (220 Views)

Officejet 6500 E710n-z

My current printer Officejet 6500 E710n-z  initially used to have a dedicated print dialogue box that had a proper and better interface similar to my previous deskjet allowing all options and setting preferences. But now I can only get a generic one with limited options. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and printer software suite from HP but to no avail. It is frustrating and annoying when you know there was a better user friendly interface that seems to have turned in to a mediocre looking generic interface. Any suggestions?   

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (166 Views)

Re: Officejet 6500 E710n-z

Hello johal50,

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand that the print dialogue box is missing features. I apologize for the delay but I will do my best to assist you! Just to be accurate, could you please take a screen shot of which box you are referring to? The only reason I am asking this is because there are multiple boxes that could be labeled as a "print dialogue" box.

I'm going to suggest a potential resolution, and backup my theory behind it. Our software will go through updates, which will change its characteristics. This would explain why installing downloaded software doesn't return your previous functions; because the software is also updated to that extent.

If you have the printer installation CD, here is something you can try:

a) Go to the Start menu, and go to Run. Then type %temp% and hit Enter.
b) Locate the correct folder starting with "7z" (the correct folder contains "Util" and "CCC" folders).
c) Open folder "Util".
d) Open folder "CCC".
e) Please run the L3uninstall.bat.
f) When the uninstall has completed, restart the computer.

g) Insert the printer CD and install the printer software. While installing it, make sure HP Updates DOES NOT install.

Try this and let me know how it goes. If this doesn't do it, please provide that screen shot and provide your results.

Thanks again for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation