06-04-2014 07:24 PM - edited 07-22-2014 01:43 PM
Error or corruptions in firmware code for Officejet 6700 Premium H711n web managment interface under ip protocols.
See example below.
Detected in Printer?: Enabled
Configured By: HPCD20BW
this error is present throughout the firmware dated.
Firmware in question 2013-06-25 , Version MPM3CN1322DR, 19.3M
While this firmware is working, and did solve problems with paper feeding, just curious, if this is a new standard for firmware for HP Printers.
Even though this machine is 2 years old, will a recoded firmware be made available to customers to correct the error.
08-14-2014 03:59 PM
this is the driver for Windows 8.1 64Bit. Just click the link and download the file.
Install the printer back to your Windows 7 machine, then run the HP Print and Scan Doctor . This will test your printer and make sure all is working, Than go ahead if the test passes, flash the new firmware to the printer. And it should install without failure into a Windows 8 and 8.1 enviroment.
I have tested the driver and firmware in all 3 enviroments, and I can confirm it is working as intended.
Also make sure that you have latest chipset driver for your USB ports on your motherboard, if you are connected via USB.
as for my configuration, I am connected wirelessly.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS