Question

Top Student
dbeusee
Message 1 of 6 (1,048 Views)

Officejet J4550 All-in-One Printer

Is HP planning to provide windows 7 drivers for the Officejet J4550 All-in-One Printer?  If so, when will I see it?  I have the RTM and win7 is launching in 2 days, right?

-Don

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 6 (1,047 Views)

Re: Officejet J4550 All-in-One Printer

Should be out in 2 days, but HP *may* have to delay it, like they've done for a few other printers. Not sure for now. Keep checking the download page though.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
wi114
Message 3 of 6 (1,007 Views)

Windows 7 includes drivers for the officejet j4550.  :smileywink:
Top Student
dbeusee
Message 4 of 6 (977 Views)

Windows 7 may include basic drivers, but not the solution center needed for full functionality.  Now (today) the link for the windows 7 drivers appeared on HP's site, but I get an error when I go to this link:

https://warp2.external.hp.com/Driver/dr_country_select.asp?Product=CB780-10009&lang=en&cc=us

The error is different now than it was 1/2 hr ago, so I assume they are working on updating the site.  I'll try later..

-Don

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 5 of 6 (971 Views)

That link you posted is actually for the Driver CD order page, and it'll open correctly in Internet Explorer. I'm sure that the drivers will be available for download very soon.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
dbeusee
Message 6 of 6 (957 Views)

I did get the order page at first this morning, but then I started getting an HTTP 500 error (which is a server error).  I still get the 500 error now.

-Don

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation