Officejet J4580 not faxing or scanning (98 Views)
Top Student
paolucn
Message 1 of 2 (98 Views)

Officejet J4580 not faxing or scanning

I had this Officejet J4580 prior to purchasing my new computer.  All features worked fine with XP.  New computer runs on a Windows 7 64 bit platform.  I can now only print not fax or scan.  I used Driver Wizard and it detects that functionality drives are missing or disabled but is unable to correct the problem.  I downloaded the full feature package but fax and scan still will not work.  How do I fix this problem?

Teacher
WayneZ
Message 2 of 2 (67 Views)

Re: Officejet J4580 not faxing or scanning

Not sure if you have done this but here goes.  You have to uninstall the old HP software that worked with XP as you must install the new software that is written for Windows 7 64 bit.  I would also uninstall all HP files, folders, and if you are comfortable going into the registry get rid of any loose HP registry entries left after the uninstall and/or use a registry cleaner before rebooting and also after rebooting to get rid of any extraneous remnants of the HP software left behind.  (Free registry cleaners are available - CCleaner, Comodo System Cleaner, or you might have one with your security software already.)

Then reinstall the new software for Windows 7 64 bit - see the link below -

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3645...

Hope this helps!

"Any time you have the opportunity to make a difference in this world, and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth." - Roberto Clemente
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation