10-31-2011 08:58 AM
I had this Officejet J4580 prior to purchasing my new computer. All features worked fine with XP. New computer runs on a Windows 7 64 bit platform. I can now only print not fax or scan. I used Driver Wizard and it detects that functionality drives are missing or disabled but is unable to correct the problem. I downloaded the full feature package but fax and scan still will not work. How do I fix this problem?
10-31-2011 12:25 PM
Not sure if you have done this but here goes. You have to uninstall the old HP software that worked with XP as you must install the new software that is written for Windows 7 64 bit. I would also uninstall all HP files, folders, and if you are comfortable going into the registry get rid of any loose HP registry entries left after the uninstall and/or use a registry cleaner before rebooting and also after rebooting to get rid of any extraneous remnants of the HP software left behind. (Free registry cleaners are available - CCleaner, Comodo System Cleaner, or you might have one with your security software already.)
Then reinstall the new software for Windows 7 64 bit - see the link below -
Hope this helps!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS