12-03-2013 09:13 AM
Product: Officejet J6480
Problem: HP Scan won't open after updating to Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks
HP Scan cannot be opened because of a problem.
Check with the developer to make sure HP Scan works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.
Any thoughts on what I should do? From what I can tell, the HP Support information asks me to run an Apple Software Update. This takes me to the Apple Apps Store, and I'm not really sure where to go from here, since this seems to be the wrong direction.
Thanks for any and all help.
12-04-2013 01:28 PM
I am sorry to hear you are having scanning issues. I would like to try to help you.
Are you able to scan from the Print & Scan window?
- Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
- Click Print & Scan.
- Click your printer in the left pane.
- Click Scan , and then click Open Scanner .
- Click Show Details . The details of the scan display, including options to change scan settings.
Are you scanning to your computer or scanning to email?
Please let me know and I will look into this further for you.
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
12-13-2014 05:50 AM
I'm having the same problem. When I go to system preferences, printers / scanners, and select my HP, there is no "open scanner" button. Do I need to download a new driver? Using OS X 10.9.5.
Thanks in advance,
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS