Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes I can confirm the same now.  Although there's still a slight noise coming from the power supply, that's probably normal, but at least the annoying "fax-like" noise is no longer happening.

HP Recommended

Downloaded the firmware yesterday. The high pitched "fax-like" sound and the blinking green light are gone. There still is an audible high pitched "beep" coming from the same place but I think that noise was there before.

I do not know why there should be any noise at all but it is 100 times better now.

Mike

HP Recommended

My 6835 printer is using the June 1st Firmware but still making the dreadful noise.  I contacted HP Support.  He assured me that the Firmware update for the 6830 is the one I should use and confirmed that I am using the most current firmware.  

I told him about this thread and that I am disappointed it didin't solve my problem.  He then suggested I buy an extended warranty. WHAT?!  Clearly he isn't understanding the situation.  

I give up.  Looking forward to my replacement so I can return it.   

HP Recommended

i believe it has worked ... will let it run for a few days of usage to make sure

HP Recommended

The light stopped blinking on the back of the printer and the sound is quieter, but there is still a high pitched sound.

Soooo irritated.

HP Recommended

Greetings,

I too installed the latest firmware and while the sound is now much quieter, if I listen very closely it is still there faintly in the background. The blinking light is gone.

I also received a replacement printer, and I will try that one out and then compare.

YMMV,

b.

HP Recommended

It did not resolve it. My printer is still making a high pitched noise.

HP Recommended

Mine also still makes the noise, but the volume is much lower so it's almost bearable. Almost, but not quite.

This kind of ticks me off as much as no fix. I'm willing to wait if things are done right, but don't send out some half baked "solution" that only masks the issue.

HP Recommended

Same here:  After installing this new firmware, the noise got substantially quieter but is still there.  The noise started after the previous firmware update. Prior to that, it was silent when asleep.

HP Recommended

Hi folks, if you've downloaded the latest FW and the noise is still there then I'd advise giving HP Support a call. Can you please let us know how you get on? (if they replace the printer / power supply for you)

Thanks

Ciara

FW_OJ Pro 6830.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.