Question

Honor Student
Photo-Guy
Message 1 of 3 (590 Views)

Officejet Pro 8100, Toolbox Not Available

My printer is an Officejet Pro 8100 that is networked and accessed from Windows 7, 64 bit and Windows XP, 32 bit  PC's.  How i do I get the Toolbox for head cleaning?  It does not load from the installation CD or from the HP website.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (584 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8100, Toolbox Not Available

Hi,

The toolbox is not offered for the 8100 but its maintnance works by using the HP Printer Assistant (by clicking the HP Officejet Pro 8100 icon), you will find the device servces within the Estimated ink Levels section.

If you cannot locate any such options, be sure you have the latest software by following the uninstall option under Programs > HP > HP Officejet Pro 8100.

Then reinstall the latest version below and access the printer's software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-108867-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
Photo-Guy
Message 3 of 3 (571 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8100, Toolbox Not Available

Shiomi,

Found it and it works,  Thanks.  Now for my rant: 

I have spent hours on this matter without success until your reply.

The documentation for this printer does not mention how to navigate to "Device Services."  It is not logical to navigate to the "Device Services" via "Estimated Ink Levels" under "Shopping Services".  What the hell was HP thinking?  You and I could have done a better job.

Within the Printer Assistant there should be a shortcut directly to "Device Services" whch by the way are located in the "Toolbox."  In the past HP has had a link to such sevices within Printer Perferences.  Is it possible to place a shortcut to the "Toolbox" on the desktop?  (The "Tool Box" does exist for this printer as a separate file "Toolbox.exe." which is not accessible directly)

Hopfully the update to the software for this printer will fix this issue.

Thanks again for you timely response.

Photo-Guy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation