Question

Tutor
daledoc1
Message 1 of 2 (598 Views)
Accepted Solution

Officejet Pro 8600 Premium Firmware Update

[ Edited ]

Hi:

Any known issues with recent firmware update for Officejet Pro 8600 Premium from CLP1CN1150CR to CLP1CN1322CR??

I have created the desktop shortcut, and have printed the Overview and Install Instructions. The printer is connected locally (via USB) to my main desktop PC (from which I will do the upgrade). And I will follow instructions to pause my firewall (KIS2013).

It looks like a straightforward process, but flashing firmware & BIOS updates on hardware/mobos always make me squeamish.

So, I am just inquiring now -- in advance -- about any known issues with this particular update or the updating process?? Thanks!

daledoc1
------------------------------
Officejet Pro 8600 Premium (USB-main DT & wireless-LT)
Officejet 7410 (USB-old DT & wireless-LT) - still working fine!
Tutor
daledoc1
Message 2 of 2 (539 Views)

Re: Officejet Pro 8600 Premium Firmware Update

[ Edited ]

58 view and no replies? Bummer.

Well, never mind.

I guess it's "solved", as I went ahead and performed the update.

I did pause my AV/Firewall during the install.

It took about 5 min or less via USB connection.

I also rebooted the computer after it was complete, as phone Tech Support advised, even though the restart is NOT listed in the instructions.

It seems to have been successful.

Thanks anyway!

P.S. For anyone who needs to do this, please be sure to read the instructions, especially the warning to connect the 8600 to the computer via hard-wire (either ethernet or USB), not wirelessly. (I don't know if the update would abort or fail, or if the printer would be damaged if one tried to do this via wireless.)

daledoc1
------------------------------
Officejet Pro 8600 Premium (USB-main DT & wireless-LT)
Officejet 7410 (USB-old DT & wireless-LT) - still working fine!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation