Re: Officejet g55 with Windows Vista (1277 Views)
Top Student
diechinbw
Message 11 of 17 (2,670 Views)

Re: Officejet g55 with Windows Vista

I purchased a USB printer cable. I deleted the printer drivers from the Printers folder. I removed the parallel cable from the printer and connected the new USB cable.

Just as you said the G55 driver installed. -- I can now print from the notebook PC. (thank you!)

What about being able to scan?  Does this mean I won't be able to do any scanning with the G55 all-in-one printer from the notebook because the HP G55 software isn't compatible with Vista?

Top Student
diechinbw
Message 12 of 17 (2,670 Views)

No one ever asked me if I was connected by adapter or USB. I was connected by an adaptor, but today, I bought a USB cable and I can now print.

Is there any way to be able to scan?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 13 of 17 (2,661 Views)

diechinbw wrote:

No one ever asked me if I was connected by adapter or USB. I was connected by an adaptor, but today, I bought a USB cable and I can now print.

Is there any way to be able to scan?

Oops, sorry to confuse you and danielowitsch, I guess with the eight letters in common and a bit of dyslexia I read them as the same :-).  At any rate glad you can now print.  I do not have any solution for scanning on the G55 under Vista, perhaps someone else can chime in here.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
diechinbw
Message 14 of 17 (2,660 Views)

Okay, thanks, again for all of your help.

Top Student
danielowitsch
Message 15 of 17 (2,660 Views)

you can scan but you need a software. Connect printer to laptop and switch on. For example in word (2003), go to Insert-->picture-->from scanner or camera. This will bring up a window where you can select the G55 (It may have a slightly different name) and then you get a scan dialog where you can adjust settings like resolution, color/b&w etc. You will figure this one out I'm sure.

This option is available within most picture editing software like photoshop, picasa, even Mocrosoft Paint that comes with Windows (start--> accessories --> Paint) has this option.

Daniel

Top Student
diechinbw
Message 16 of 17 (2,657 Views)

Daniel:

Yes, I was able to scan from MS Paint, but not from the trial Word version or MS Works that came with this notebook.

Thank you for your help!

Student
EchoBunnyman
Message 17 of 17 (1,277 Views)

What do I do if my computer can't see the scanner?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation