Question

Student
Kanthalas
Message 1 of 2 (389 Views)

Officejet j6450 - Printing Crooked

So I just got a new computer with WIndows 7 on it (previous computer was Windows XP Home S3). After installing the Windows 7 drivers from HP's website, I've noticed my printer doing 3 different things all of which I dislike.

1: Saying incorrect paper type.

2: printing crooked

3: horribly crinkling a side of the paper while its trying to print.

I've tried looking for obstructions to the feed, but am unable to find anything.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

Top Student
hplamont
Message 2 of 2 (365 Views)

Re: Officejet j6450 - Printing Crooked

Hello Kanthalas,

I have a few suggestions that maybe able to help you out. For the 'incorrect paper type', this can be checked by pulling up the document that you are about to print. Press file>print>printer properties or printing preferences> paper quality tab>then check the paper size and type. For example, if you're using plain white paper you would choose 'plain' in the paper type drop down list.

For your other issues of printing crooked and crinkling one side of the paper, one possible solution would be to remove the duplexer from the back of the printer. Take a lint free cloth and dampen it with a little of water. Then wipe down the rollers on the duplexer and also the rollers on the back of the printer. I hope that you find this helpful and that it resolves your issues.

Although i work for HP, my replies are my own and i am not an official spokesperson
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation