Question

Top Student
HPupgrader
Message 1 of 3 (208 Views)

Option to scan without printer initializing

I just wanted to scan a document. I turned on my Photosmart 7510e aio. I saw the device starting up the firmware. I also heard the printer getting ready for printing for quite a while.

For scanning, initializing the printer is unnecessary time and resource consuming. 

I want HP to implement an eco-power-on feature in aio firmware, with which users get the option to be asked "print yes/no?" after powering on.

Make my day, HP. Just do it!

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: Option to scan without printer initializing

HPupgrader,

Actually this printer is equiped with a sleep/power saving mode. When the printer is not is use after a certain amount of time the screen will go black and it will enter sleep mode. It is not nessessary to turn your printer off and on every time, unless that is just something that you prefer. Those noises you are hearing is the printer cleaning the printhead, which is necessary, because without doing so, the cartridges could dry up and end up clogging up the printhead for the printer. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
HPupgrader
Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: Option to scan without printer initializing

There are weeks, that I use the scanner daily. I used my printer about three times in six months.

Are you really telling me that when I use my scanner daily with two breaks of an hour in which it turns auto off, and print just once every two months, you find it necessary that the printer cleans its heads trice a day?

Besides that, I didn't find HP mentioning in the user guide that the printer heads must be cleaned every x hours or days.

If that would be so, it would be efficient to let the firmware check wether the printer heads have been used or cleaned in less than that cleaning period and avoid unnecessary cleaning.

"Make my day, HP. Just do it!" may sound a bit cocky, but I stand with my request, and my day would truly be made by HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation