08-12-2014 09:28 PM
Osx 10.9.4 is not compadible with my officejet 8600? It will print but no scaning is avalible. I downloaded most recent driver that I can find for 10.9 still no scaner can be found?
08-14-2014 08:31 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums.
I see that you are having an issue with scanning.
I have a few steps that we can run through to troubleshoot this issue.
First off, please make sure that you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip. Here is a document that uses a LaserJet printer as an example but it is meant for HP products in general. Please click on the following link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.
If you are connecting the printer to the computer with a USB cable, please remove the cable from the computer and the printer and leave it off.
Uninstall any Printer software and drivers that you have installed and once it is removed, please reboot the computer.
When the computer is back up, please click on the following link for the HP Officejet Pro 8600 series Full Feature Software and Driver- OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Run the download when it is completed and follow the instructions. Please do NOT connect the usb cable until the installation prompts you to do so.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to write me back.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS