05-24-2013 10:15 PM - edited 05-25-2013 07:38 AM
It seems that Windows 8 driver for P1005 is finally here. The only problem: it won't install. When I launch setup program it asks me to accept license agreement, then shows "Adding Print Drivers..." and three or four progress bar blocks. And after that... nothing! "Printer Software Installer" process eats ~20% of CPU, reads ~10Mbps of my drive and shows no progress.
EDIT: Please ignore this message. It seems that previous experiments (i.e. installing "alternative drivers" as recommended by HP experts here) broke my Windows 8 installation somehow. I have reinstalled OS and after that driver were installed successfully.
05-27-2013 03:08 PM
Glad to hear that everything is working okay for you. Please let us know if you have any other issues with these drivers or need any additional help.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
06-09-2013 11:26 AM
It seems I am experiencing the same problem exactly as you described it.
Can you please explain the solution you mentioned in the EDIT section.
Thanks in advance.
06-09-2013 11:32 AM
Please note that all your software will be removed completely, so you'll need to install it again from disks, Internet etc.
May be there are other easier solutions, but I was very tired from all those problems with HP printers and decided to do it this way...
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS