Re: P1005 drivers for Windows 8 won't install (512 Views)
Top Student
Flanter
Message 1 of 5 (633 Views)

P1005 drivers for Windows 8 won't install

[ Edited ]

It seems that Windows 8 driver for P1005 is finally here. The only problem: it won't install. When I launch setup program it asks me to accept license agreement, then shows "Adding Print Drivers..." and three or four progress bar blocks. And after that... nothing! "Printer Software Installer" process eats ~20% of CPU, reads ~10Mbps of my drive and shows no progress.

EDIT: Please ignore this message. It seems that previous experiments (i.e. installing "alternative drivers" as recommended by HP experts here) broke my Windows 8 installation somehow. I have reinstalled OS and after that driver were installed successfully.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 2 of 5 (588 Views)

Re: P1005 drivers for Windows 8 won't install

Glad to hear that everything is working okay for you. Please let us know if you have any other issues with these drivers or need any additional help.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Tutor
shmsa
Message 3 of 5 (525 Views)

Hi,

It seems I am experiencing the same problem exactly as you described it.

Can you please explain the solution you mentioned in the EDIT section.

Thanks in advance.

Top Student
Flanter
Message 4 of 5 (521 Views)

shmsa, I copied all my documents and pictures to safe place (i.e. removeable disk etc.) and then reinstalled Windows 8. Here is the steps how to do it ("Remove everything and reinstall Windows" section):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Please note that all your software will be removed completely, so you'll need to install it again from disks, Internet etc.

May be there are other easier solutions, but I was very tired from all those problems with HP printers and decided to do it this way...
Tutor
shmsa
Message 5 of 5 (512 Views)

thanks. Very aggressive solution. I will try to consult hp tech support and then may be try it. Thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation