Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I tried to update firmware on my HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w , but it  !!Failed to update firmware!!

I used the answer to ttanemori and I connected the USB cable.

Nevertheless, it says that HP LaserJet Professional P 1102w is not connected to a USB port even when connected the PC it signals by a sound both connection and disconnection.

Regards,

Mircha

HP Recommended

I have similar situation.

I've downloaded the firmware v.20150114 to upgrade my printer laserjet P1102w which have v. 20130703 but when I launch the utility software to upgrade over Wi-fi or over USB calbe it says that already have the latest firmware version!!!!

I think that  20130703 is different from 20150114...  so what's happen???

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Thanks for participating in the forums!  I see that you are experiencing issues with the firmware. I would be happy to help you. 

The latest update is the 20150114 version. I would try updating the firmware again by a USB connection.

If you have any issues, please contact HP Support: Phone Assist Worldwide.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank Gemini02 for help but like I've told before, even trying through USB gave same result.

Same issue?

Exists some log?

HP Recommended

Hi @ttanemori,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. In the forum beside your handle name, just click on the envelope to view it.

Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi  @.

your last answer was for me  ( @nbranquinho ) or for (@ttanemori) ?

You refer @ttanemori in your post :generic: 

thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.