Question

Honor Student
MariusBit
Message 1 of 7 (13,817 Views)

PSC 1200 windows 7 x 64 driver?

So Ia have this psc 1200 installed on a windows 7 x64. The scanner works fine but the printer doesn't. The computer detects the printer but it says that the driver needed is missing. Any solution?
Teacher
Fresh_Prints
Message 2 of 7 (13,813 Views)

Re: PSC 1200 windows 7 x 64 driver?

Hi MariusBit,

Did you follow the steps to make sure Windows Update is  on?

Follow these steps to configure Windows Update to automatically search for and install a product driver.
  1. On the taskbar, click the Windows Start icon.
  2. In the Search Programs and Files box , type change device installation .
  3. Click Change device installation settings . The Device Installation Settings window opens.
  4. If it is not already selected, select Yes, do this automatically (recommended) , and then click Save Changes .
Please note I have a new account Print_Hint
(this one is no longer active)

Although I am an HP Support Engineer, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
MariusBit
Message 3 of 7 (13,799 Views)

I already did this but still doesn't work. The scanner of the same device works fine, it was automatically installed by the OS.
Teacher
Fresh_Prints
Message 4 of 7 (13,796 Views)

If you click on Windows Start and then Printers  and devices do you see the printer listed in here?
Please note I have a new account Print_Hint
(this one is no longer active)

Although I am an HP Support Engineer, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Student
Blackett
Message 5 of 7 (13,273 Views)

I know this wasnt my problem originally, but ive got the same issue. I've downloaded the drivers for Windows 7 Home Premium x64 (which is what I run), and the printer appears in the "Devices and Printers" section. Further, I can print a test page from there.

The problem is, I cant print anything else, not word, or anything from IE. When I print something, it comes up on the printer list in the bottom right taskbar, but it doesnt register anything as printing in the "Devices and Printers" tab.

Id be really very grateful for any help anyone could give

Student
gerrygibbons
Message 6 of 7 (11,239 Views)

I have a similar problem with an HP PSC1200 and Windows7. I have re-installed from the original disc and also allowed Windows to detect this several times. I have also downloaded updates to no avail. I cannot accces HPDirector or copy but scanning is not a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Student
Dposer
Message 7 of 7 (11,065 Views)

Here is the work around.  Put the printer into another computer running XP share it and connect to the printer through the network the driver will download and install.  then you can either go into properties and change the port location or just plug it into your PC win7  and it should reinstall with the correct driver..Tested Win7 Home both installed though USB and through wireless print server (D-link).  So if it does not work your doing something wrong no offense.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation