03-17-2009 05:42 PM
Running: XP SP3, HP PSC 1610
Need help to uninstall PSC 1610 software. All HP links have disappeared from my Start > All Programs menu. Is there a software uninstaller utility that will work for the PSC 1600 series? Or do you have any other suggestions?
04-27-2009 12:05 PM
Yes, we have software uninstaller utility to remove existing installed printer software from computer.
Here are the steps to remove the existing installed printer software from computer with software uninstaller utility.
1. Turn the All-in-One off and disconnect any USB/Ethernet cable from All-in-One to computer.
2. Download the All-in-one software uninstall utility from the following link to uninstall the software:
3. Save the file to desktop and double click the saved file. And click on run.
4. It will give you two options. Please select the second option and then change the path to desktop. Click next. Six other files will be installed on the desktop. Now double click on the uninstall file (one of the six files created on the desktop).
5. When the system prompts to restart, please do restart the computer, and after reboot double click the same uninstall file again and run the next level. You need to run this uninstall file for 3 times to complete the 3 level uninstallation. This should completely uninstall the HP all in one software.
Restart the computer and download full feature All-in-One software from our website and install.
Here is the free download link to download and install the full feature All-in-One software drivers for PSC 1610 All-in-One.
Click on the above web link, It will prompts you to RUN or SAVE >>click on SA~VE and save it on your desktop>>it will save on computer desktop.
Here are the installation steps:
1. Disconnect the USB cable of the All-in-One from the computer if it is connected.
2. Double click on the downloaded file ( gc_w01_ENU.exe ) and the file will extract all the required files.
3. Choose install on the screen that displays, then click Next on the two screens that follow.
4. Click Yes to go online and download installation updates from HP support.
5. Select Easy(Recommended) Install and click Next.
6. When the installer has finished copying files, it will present a license agreement. Select I agree , then click Next .
7. Click Next on the destination folder screen.
8. Select "directly to this computer using USB cable" on connection type.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions.
10. Connect the USB cable of the printer to the computer only when it is prompted.
11. The Connect your Device Now screen now displays. Make sure the device is turned on and then connect the USB cable.
12. After the product is connected, Windows will detect the product and install the correct system files.
13. Click Next when the Plug and Play process has completed. The installer continues to install the rest of the printer software. This may take several minutes.
14. When the installation is complete, a software installation complete message will display. Click Finish .
15. The Fax Wizard will open. Enter the requested information.
16. The Registration page displays. If the computer is connected to the Internet, register the product electronically by clicking Next.
17. The last page displayed is the Congratulations page. Click Start using the device or Exit to finish the install. The All-in-One is now ready to use.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS